Join now - be part of our community!

Poor Customer Service

profile.country.GB.title
Stuart.archer
Explorer

Poor Customer Service

Bought a KD-55XD9305 tv on 25 th November 2016 and it has now an issue with the screen ghosting. Bought from a Sony shop which has now closed down, so forced to deal with Sony customer services. I have been waiting a week and still no idea when I can expect a replacement. All I get is that they are waiting for another department to update when a tv will be available. The first TV I had was cracked so was replaced same day by the shop so why can't an "all powerful" corporation like Sony resolve this quickly.?? Why do I have to wait for a repaired model, when plenty of 2017 models are available, especially as the tv is only 8 months old. I dread to think how the service will be if I have to use the full 5yr warranty.

How do I contact higher powers to chase this? Any Ideas.

i think next stage will be emails to BBC Watchdog. They love a good story on big corps..

come me Sony, How hard can it be.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately Sony's complaints procedures are not well defined (or at all).  The only thing I can do is escalate your complaint on the forums to Sony themselves for them to get into contact with you (which I have done).  Can you please Private Message me a Case ID number that you should have been given - as it will make it easier for Sony to follow this up.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Stuart.archer
Explorer

Great Thanks. I'll send info.  Spoke with another Sony shop yesterday who explained their procedures. It sounds like Sony are waiting for a repaired model. Question is what condition will it be ( mine is immaculate). I just think think for a tv only 8 months old they should have replaced it immediately with a new one. 

I asked what there sla's were for internal processes but didn't get a satisfactory answer, sounds like they don't have time limits to resolve issues. I am expecting a call today with an update but I'm not expecting much.

I've also started to compose letters to the consumer section of The Times and BBC Watchdog, just in case this drags on.

It doesn't help that it's school hols. Next gen customers aren't happy either..!

thanks.