Join now - be part of our community!

Quickly access/toggle settings?

SOLVED
profile.country.DK.title
cgullestrup
Explorer

Quickly access/toggle settings?

I find it weird that the changing settings; for example toggling bluetooth or connecting/disconnecting bluetooth devices is placed so deep in the menu structure.

Does anyone know how to quickly toggle these settings, or just plainly access the settings menu, from a shortcut on the remote control?

My tv is the XE90.

Many thanks in advance,

Christoffer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue when using my PS4 controller on the TV and not on the PS4.  Hence to use it on the PS4, I have to disable bluetooth on the TV (or un-pair it).

I have submitted the following suggestion to Sony on your and others behalf, as I can certainly see this is going to be an issue crop up in the future too.

TV - Quick Access to Bluetooth On-Off.jpg

PS: After I took this screenshot, I noticed my spelling error on bluetooth and have corrected it.

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

I know it was an example, but why would you want to disable/enable the BlueTooth? I mean, for that particular case some quicksettings would be a waste. It's an operation we very seldom need to do. Most of the settings in the main Settins menu are just one off settings.

The most used functions indeed are also in the "Action Menu" button. Like Picture/Audio settings, Bravia Sync and so on. They would be "Quick Settings" enough, if it wasn't for the fact that.. Android in these TVs is far too slow.

It would be great if Sony could extend the "Video & TV SideView" app, making it a real companion app, where we can change the TV setting from the phone or tablet. But instead of adding features Sony has been removing them, so I won't hold my breath

profile.country.DK.title
cgullestrup
Explorer

Thanks for your reply 🙂

In hindsight I should have shared my use case for the shortcut.

I have a bluetooth headset, which I have paired with the TV, but it is also paired with my phone.

Both the phone and TV connects automatically to the headset, when I power the headset on. This can be frustrating if I want to listen to music on my phone, and my familiy wants to watch TV 😉

I guess I should suggest the development team for the Android TV (companion) app to implement various settings options in the app 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue when using my PS4 controller on the TV and not on the PS4.  Hence to use it on the PS4, I have to disable bluetooth on the TV (or un-pair it).

I have submitted the following suggestion to Sony on your and others behalf, as I can certainly see this is going to be an issue crop up in the future too.

TV - Quick Access to Bluetooth On-Off.jpg

PS: After I took this screenshot, I noticed my spelling error on bluetooth and have corrected it.

Cheers

profile.country.DK.title
cgullestrup
Explorer

Many thanks for your help - I hope this will be an option in the future!