Join now - be part of our community!

Will the new Dualshock 4 work with Marchmallow

hubbobubbo

Will the new Dualshock 4 work with Marchmallow

Hi

I am planning to get a Dualshock 4 for my KD-65S8505C but I stumbled across this message from Sony:

https://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/134686

It says TV is not compatible with their own controller which I find amazing. The thing that is not clear to me is if this is something permanent or perhaps it will be fixed in the Marchmallow update whenever that happens.

I would like to get the right controller from the start but also avoid buying a previous version if the new one will work in the next release.

Anyone knows?

24 REPLIES 24
profile.country.GR.title
Lazaros_K

I have a KD49XD8305 , running Marshmallow. In the Settings i get a Dualshock section, which i can connect my DS4 via Bluetooth with the TV. I havent tested if it works, but it is supported.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As Lazaros_K says above, the PS4 (DS4) controller work.  However there are certain 'new' models of the PS4 controller that is not currently compatible (CUH-ZCT2xx) - so ensure you dont get one of those models and you will be fine.

A link that is also worth a read:

http://www.psu.com/feature/31122/New-PS4-Controller-vs-original-DualShock-4--what%E2%80%99s-the-diff...

Sony has not released any information on whether they will resolve compatibility issues with these new controllers as of yet.

Cheers

hubbobubbo

Hi Quinnicus

Perfect, that is the reply I was looking for. Now I know the difference between the old and new controller. Since I have not already bought it, I will hold on just a little bit to see if Sony gets their stuff together and updates the TV to support the new version as well. It just seems wrong to buy an old version of the Dualshock. Also, it would actaully be nice to be able to use it over USB.

If it would have been a third party accessory I wouldn't care much but this is a new Sony TV advertised as supporting the Dualshock 4 so it would be a real shame if Sony does not deliver support for the newer versions of the controller.

Thanks for the help

profile.country.GB.title
deva14
Explorer

Have connected the Dualshock4 V2 (CUH-ZCT2xx) on the marshmallow updated sony android tv and beach buggy racing played okay.

hubbobubbo

Great news, thanks for the feedback.
Now I just wonder when I will get the Marchmallow update...
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Mine works, but no flipping sleep mode. Talk about forgetting the basics Sony....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Risc0n wrote:

Mine works, but no flipping sleep mode. Talk about forgetting the basics Sony....

@Risc0n - Fixed it for you  :nauseated_face:

Sleep Mode.JPG

hubbobubbo

The new Dualshock can be connected with a USB cable as well right?

Does that work ok?

/Johan
profile.country.GB.title
deva14
Explorer

Yes, works via usb cable as well