Join now - be part of our community!

Recent update

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
goldie0.24x
Explorer

Recent update

I have a KD-43XD8099 and now have three isues since an update, 1, how do i stop the samba box from coming up when i swich on, 2, my set now defaults to channel 42 when turning on, regardless of the station being used when turned off, also if changing outlets, for example, from recorder to TV, the TV will open on Ch 42, most frustrating! 3, when using the "jump" button on the remote it states " function not avaible" ! Can anyone offer some advice please, many thanks.

Roger.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Q1 - Samba TV

Please see point 5 in the Android FAQs: HERE  (although best wait until fixing Q2)

Q2 - Default TV Channel

I am unsure why its defaulting to channel 42.  I cannot see any settings to modify this.  As this has only happened since updating the firmware, I would suggest a factory reset of the TV.  Instructions : HERE

Q3 - Jump Button

Most likely resolved with factory reset as in Q2

Cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Q1 - Samba TV

Please see point 5 in the Android FAQs: HERE  (although best wait until fixing Q2)

Q2 - Default TV Channel

I am unsure why its defaulting to channel 42.  I cannot see any settings to modify this.  As this has only happened since updating the firmware, I would suggest a factory reset of the TV.  Instructions : HERE

Q3 - Jump Button

Most likely resolved with factory reset as in Q2

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
goldie0.24x
Explorer

Hello, Many thanks for your advice regarding the three issues, pleased to say after following routines as per your suggestion all has been resolved, thanks again.

profile.country.GB.title
goldie0.24x
Explorer

Hi, Sorry but the same problem has now surfaced again, the tele is defaulting again, now to chn 124, and the jump button on the remote no longer works, so all as pre factory re-set as advised, has anyone any other ideas please?

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @goldie0.24x

I have esclated this thread to Sony Support as there is really nothing else I can advise you im afraid.  It seems the factory reset was merely temporary which is most unfortunate.  Please ensure that you have upto date contact details in your my sony profile.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
goldie0.24x
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus,  many thanks for your help.