Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 55 AG8 Oled TV - WiFi issue - resolved

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
IvorFerret
Explorer

Sony 55 AG8 Oled TV - WiFi issue - resolved

I’d been losing my WiFi network connection overnight for 4 nights on my new Sony 55 AG8 Oled tv. Checked connection & signal (75mb download, 11mb up) Full bars showing in settings. What little hair I had has now gone 😁 Read on here to change the time settings to ‘Network’ - Fixed! No more issues. Picture sound etc all excellent, I’m now even more impressed with the Sony quality and many thanks to the community for the help, I would never have thought to try this first! Jon - UK 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Munners12
Explorer

Same issue. Have you had any success 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
IvorFerret
Explorer

Spoke too soon! Still having issues on WiFi. I’m going to hard wire directly to the modem to monitor that. My two other Panasonic TVs are fine & my other devices connected with no issues. I’ll disconnect everything & see what happens.

profile.country.GB.title
Munners12
Explorer

Same issue. Have you had any success 

profile.country.GB.title
IvorFerret
Explorer

Complete success! I was given a set of instructions by Sony that included - “Delete Cache Memory” Also make sure I have the latest update & to get the time from the network etc. I have had no dropout issues since. Great TV, really pleased with it & would recommend trying these fixes, they worked for me. Thanks