Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

Since the lastest firmware I keep getting a pop up on screen with 3D movies in the bottom left hand side. 

"Screen Format: Full" this is of course say it is using full pixel but it should not keep showing!

I cannot seem to find a way to disable this notification. It makes 3D useless as it keeps popping up! I even tried a factory reset to no avail.

265 REPLIES 265
steveness
Explorer

well last night was a royal pain in the *****.. the pop ups started again even though I had picture format set to photo-vivid. this time they were happening watching sky 3d content which is the 1st time thats happened.

I turned the TV off at the wall, waited a min and turned it back on. I then continued to watch sky 3d with no issues.

Seems any fix at the moment can be triggered off again without any reason or logic..

still getting the run around from Sony Tech support, they said my case was still being investigated so I asked why Irelend and EU had a patch fix already, and also why PC world support told be Sony had informed them of the fix in the next update, yet Sony tech support were just "investigating"

They just responded that its still under investigation and retailers haven't been told anything.. someone isn't telling the truth here

steveness
Explorer

also interesting to note that I find setting the screen mode to photo-vivd better for 3D content than the Cinema modes... the picture seems much clearer with less "ghosting"

Davej1710
Explorer

Sounds like we're having the same experience, Steveness.

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water .. no, wait... watch 3d on a Sony TV ... (cue Jaws theme) . . up pops the ~&*%! message again!

I've given up on even trying to fix it anymore and once again on tech support another Sony rep has appologised in a brief response but this time said it "should be" fixed on the end of Feb firmware update. I wont be waiting in that evening holding my breath for the firmware auto update.

That'll be 13 weeks total wait for this to be fixed for me, from new! Shocking for such an expensive outlay using only Sony equipment!

profile.country.GB.title
scchandler
Explorer

Well I have made a number of posts on this disgraceful issue. Haven't said anything for a while but Sony has now hit a new low in this disgusting episode.  I sent in a review to Sony as they invited me to "say what I think" about my new TV.  Well surprise surprise today I received an email saying "your review has been rejected as it does not meet our guidelines".  For this reason I'm posting here on this forum exactly what I wrote so you can see!  And I imagine many may agree with me.  NOW this has solved the mystery of why these TVs have 4.5 star average reviews - clearly Sony's "guidelines" are that they will delete any review that doesn't give the TV 4 or 5!!!

Here is what I said, which I believe is fair, factual and not inappropriate:-

Sony review 16 Jan 2016.jpg

Davej1710
Explorer

Seems fair criticism of the TV to me!

Sony have dropped the ball big time on this fiasco.

Sounds like you need to forward this to Watchdog and post on their facebook pages etc to me. Social media might make them swallow their pride on this.

pye-eater
Explorer

Yes that sounds like a fair description of Sony TVs. Unfortunately I can't change my review of this TV or it would be getting one star from me.. 

Patrandec

I gave a two star review as well.  No swearing etc.  It was also rejected by Sony....... 

jimsmith93
Explorer

I have the same SCREEN FORMAT: FULL problem on my KD55X9305CBU

HappyLeo01
Explorer

Hi

I think I may have a solution......

Turn on TV then turn on Bluray palayer and load.......when the Bluray manu comes on pick up the TV remote and select the Screen View, I select Full Screen.....and it doesn't come back with a pop up....works with 3D.

best

J

adyjay33

My two reviews were stopped from going on the site too, however it was overidden when Quinnicus passed it onto the higher management so to speak.

Eventually it did appear, not checked for a while if its still there though.

It only said the truth and Sony dont like the truth being talked about, its effectivly censoring to get better reviews and might no go down too well with the advertising authrities if its found to be picking and chosing honest reviews.

Shame on Sony for still doing this.... what do you have to hide is my question?

KD-55X8509C LATEST FIRMWARE
NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!