Join now - be part of our community!

Specific glitch on amazon app (kd65a1)

profile.country.GB.title
bazabout
Explorer

Specific glitch on amazon app (kd65a1)

Anyone else experiencing a specific glitch using amazon through there android tv? Load up a new episode (particularly a 4K source) and it stutters about then starts part way through the programme. Begin the process a second time and it works absolutely fine. Baffled!

https://youtu.be/vwA8GqdiDu0

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Bazabout,

There are some tips for dealing with network app issues here. Please give these a try, hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
joelippa

100% me too on my KD-65XE8596. I see this when starting The Grand Tour episodes and it's been like this for months. The "fixes" linked in this thread are useless. IMO this is not a network related problem.

This is a known issue on Kuschelmonschter's unofficial Sony Android TV disaster area bug tracker: https://github.com/CiNcH83/sony_atv/issues/36

Like many others this is being ignored by Sony

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I'm sorry to note that in this UK community everything is a catastrophic disaster.

Amazon is not implemented by Sony . It happens only on the first play of a video. A new one will be released with the next firmware since it is a system app.

profile.country.GB.title
joelippa

Good luck with the hope this will "be released with the next firmware since it is a system app". You're right this is an Amazon problem, not a Sony problem however since this was reported in February 2017, there has been a Sony release of a new Nougat flavoured Android TV rom and this problem remains. The next firmare update will save us..and if you really believe that, you have more faith than I do.

Personally I think this problem is caused by Amazon backend platform inadequacies but given that there's no urgency or interest being shown by either Amazon or Sony in getting this fixed and no useful public communication on an official "known issues" tracker from either of those parties, it's anyone's guess what the real cause of this problem is.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

If you look at the latest release in us Amazon app is enlisted. And it works on other platform so it shouldn't be a server problem. Nevertheless you can use it as it is.  It is not a disaster.
profile.country.GB.title
joelippa

@rooobbwrote:
If you look at the latest release in us Amazon app is enlisted. And it works on other platform so it shouldn't be a server problem. Nevertheless you can use it as it is.  It is not a disaster.

This particular issue is not a disaster. It looks like you've misinterpreted what has been said in this thread.