Join now - be part of our community!

Talk talk tv

Carollfung36
Explorer

Talk talk tv

I have just purchased a KD49XE9005 led tv. I tried to find the Talktalk TV app on play store for the tv but in vain. I have collected many movies in my talktalk account and was using the app happily on my previous Panasonic tv. Can anybody help please?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi Caroll, welcome to the Sony Community :slight_smile:

It's possible there is a problem with the TalkTalk app; it may be in the process of updating or have some other compatibility issue. Certainly in the past there have been problems with the app in YouView, but I'm not aware of any at the moment. 

Have you tried to contct TalkTalk about this? They should be aware of any current issues and may be able to advise you better.

Mick

I don't think talk talk app exists for our TV, but you can download the app to your phone from Google play and cast your movies to the TV. 

profile.country.GB.title
khallergard

Are you not able to use the TalkTalk YouView box for this?

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

As others have said you could download the app to your phone and cast to the TV's built in Chromecast function.

I couldn't see any reference to an Android TV version of the app.

What you could try  - and it may not work, is to sideload the android phone app to the TV.

To do this you need to :-

• find a copy of the android app  - there are many websites that store these for download.  The play store version is 1.0.1836.0332 so a quick google gives you https://apkpure.com/talktalk-tv/com.blinkbox.tablet.live/download/1018360332-APK 
  • You need to copy this onto USB stick and put that into one of the TV's USB sockets
  • If you don't have one on the TV download a file manager app from the TV's app store e.g. TVFileManager and use that to install the TalkTalk app.  This step may fail if the app is not compatible
  • If it works you will then most likely need a TV launcher app to access the Talk Talk app on the TV as it's not a native android TV app.  Search for one in the TV app store and use that to launch the Talk Talk app