Join now - be part of our community!

TV does not turn off when Apple TV sends signal after last update.

SOLVED
profile.country.RO.title
RwkYRwkZ
Explorer

TV does not turn off when Apple TV sends signal after last update.

i have a sony ag8, after the last update on the software, the TV turns on when I turn the Apple TV on, but it does not turn off when I turn off the Apple TV.

- i’ve tried changing the hdmi cable

- switch on/off the hdmi cec (bravia sync) on both devices.

nothing works.

it’s really frustrating to always reach for the TV remote to turn it off, especially late in the night.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, we have the same problem as many others users!
The problem is bad firmware 6.7140

https://us.community.sony.com/s/question/0D54O00006gHBToSAO/after-v67140-update-xbr55x930e-devices-w...

Sony knows about the problem

But the problem of three months without a solution.

The next TV will not be Sony (android)!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi, we have the same problem as many others users!
The problem is bad firmware 6.7140

https://us.community.sony.com/s/question/0D54O00006gHBToSAO/after-v67140-update-xbr55x930e-devices-w...

Sony knows about the problem

But the problem of three months without a solution.

The next TV will not be Sony (android)!

profile.country.GB.title
simonherts
Explorer

Why is this being marked as a resolved problem with a solution - it most definitely hasn't been resolved !!  The OP simply referred back to their experience that this has been around now for at least a couple of months and nothing seems to be done about it or communicated as to when it will be fixed in the next firmware release.

Sony - please address the issues and the communication of fixes as a matter of urgency.

profile.country.RO.title
RwkYRwkZ
Explorer

I marked it as solution, because in the link that was provided was a workaround by disabling bravia sync, thus allowing apple tv to go via IR mode and closing the TV.

Is not a real solution, but it's better than nothing.

So I marked it as a solution, because it kind of is a solution.

p.s. I agree with the matter that Sony is sleeping and not solving this.

profile.country.GB.title
simonherts
Explorer

Ah ok - my apologies !  Thanks for clarifying.

I have raised this with Sony support who have raised it as a bug.  I am testing a work around for the android random resets over the next couple of nights, so will try the solution to use IR instead of the HDMI-CEC interface, although the Sony seems to pick up the Apple TV always in the Bravia sync simply because it is connected via HDMI and it has to be done this way in order for me to pick up the pictures !

Anyway, thanks for your help - much appreciated.  KR Simon