Join now - be part of our community!

Unboxing Sony A84J bought new from Curry's UK - no labels on the front - refurbished?

profile.country.GB.title
transcendent04
New

Unboxing Sony A84J bought new from Curry's UK - no labels on the front - refurbished?

Bought a new Sony A84J OLED TV from Curry's Enfield in London. However after unboxing it there were a few suspicious things that popped up, firstly there were no stickers/labels on the front of the TV, one was stuck on the back, on all the unboxing videos I have seen there were two labels on the front of the TV one to do with Energy rating and the other to do with the model (for example Sony A80J https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlnbzfm4nl4). In addition to this some of the foam inside used for padding was broken apart. This made me very suspicious whether this was a refurbished TV or not? Can someone please confirm whether the stickers/labels on the front are compulsory and whether my suspicions are true, thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

If you have any doubts, I would return it and exchange for another unit.

You have the right to reject an item you believe has been previously opened or used, unless they sold it as an "open box" product. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey transcendent04, the only one who can confirm that is your retailer, check the receipt, if you're still in doubt contact them via email or ask to have a written confirmation if the TV is brand new or refurbished.