Join now - be part of our community!

Update 3.885 problems

profile.country.GB.title
lgcebr

Update 3.885 problems

I have a Sony KD-55XD9305 TV which has worked fine until this week.  I held off the above update but applied it last week and now have three problems:

1). I can no longer play video files from an attached USB stick.  These same files on the same device played perfectly before the update.  Now the TV states no device and no files.

2). Random error message flash up on the screen saying various features have stopped.  These can be dismissed by pressing OK but did not happen before, are annoying and clearly not right.

3). Often when starting up from standby the TV goes into the Amdroid logo animation screen.  

I have c facets Tech Support who emailed me instructions but these state that it is possible that the TV might stop working and not start up.  It seems to me to be risky to follow these iinstructions if my TV might end up bricked.

has anyone else come across these problems introduced by the 3.885 update?

Thanks 

43 REPLIES 43
profile.country.GB.title
sadrobot
Explorer

Thanks so much @Anonymous - that's very helpful. I'll update you on the forum once we know the plan of action!

profile.country.RU.title
Andreiii
Explorer

3.885. 43W756C.

I have this issues with firmware:

• Buttons Play/Pause, >>, << sometimes get no work
  • Dualshock4 v2 now freeze the system, even on home screen.
  • The games I was playing - Real Racing 3, Asphalt 8, now became very sluggish.
  • Wi-fi Direct does not work as the self, Screen Mirroring works but faults
  • Google Cast now doesn't work (from my galaxy phone and youtube app).

Everything was fine on 3.533.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Andreiii

Can you try a simple reboot of the TV - press and hold the power button on the remote control for more than 6 seconds, the TV will then display a message that it will reboot.

If that fails, can you try a factory reset, instructions : HERE

Cheers

profile.country.DK.title
refrejn

I also have issues on my KDL-50W807C after the update... The TV randomly reboots and will not always power on the normal way, but I have to press the power on button for an extended time before it seems to reboot.

The reboots can happen at any time. While watching TV (through set-top box on HDMI) or when using apps (Plex and Netflix). My guess is that it happens every 3-5 days.

I didn't have this issue before the latest update and after the MM update it was - dare I say it - nearly perfect for our use. It's very unfortunate that is has become more unstable as it frustrates the rest of the family that doesn't always understand what happens. All they know is that the TV doesn't work.

profile.country.DE.title
Wanya79
Explorer

I also have issues on my KDL 49XD8005. Before Firmware 3.885 ARC Sound was fine on Amazon App or Netflix App in DD 5.1. Now with 3.885 i only have strange noise comin out of AVR Boxes, it was fine on 3.533 Android 6.0. Also on my Pioneer AVR it just comes up for a Second Dolby Digital and then switch to PCM, tried every Audio Setting in TV but nothing helps and as i mentioned it works flawlessly on the older firmware

Factory Reset is already done, and has nothing to do with my Setup. Can someone help? kindly askin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @refrejn

If you are still experiencing reboot issues, can you please have a look at this post and reply back with the answers.

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/update-3-885-problems/m-p/2353620#M20670

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Wanya79

Can you please have a look at this troubleshooting guide and see if it helps. 

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/hdmi-problems-troubleshooting-steps/td-p/2141941

Cheers

profile.country.DE.title
Wanya79
Explorer

Sorry, read through the Article and nothing help, the Problem is on the Firmware Side, read here about other Users with the Same Problem on the ARC Side. To clear things up the Problem is, for example Amazon or Netflix App which transfer the Sound via ARC (so Youtube App is also) make a strange noise over the ARC and doesn't passtrough the DD5.1 Signal

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Wanya79

Yes, I am aware of sporadic HDMI-ARC issues being reported, however its hard to collate this information at the moment - just not enough details.  I thought it was worth a try on the troubleshooting guide anyhow. 

I have escalated your original reply post to Sony Support for them to investigate and contact you back.  Please ensure that you have correct contact details in your account profile.

Cheers

profile.country.DE.title
Wanya79
Explorer

@Anonymous thx for your Effort, hope to hear soon then, so i cannot watch my Favourite Things 😉 it will be awesome if that will be fixed