Join now - be part of our community!

Update 3.885 problems

profile.country.GB.title
lgcebr

Update 3.885 problems

I have a Sony KD-55XD9305 TV which has worked fine until this week.  I held off the above update but applied it last week and now have three problems:

1). I can no longer play video files from an attached USB stick.  These same files on the same device played perfectly before the update.  Now the TV states no device and no files.

2). Random error message flash up on the screen saying various features have stopped.  These can be dismissed by pressing OK but did not happen before, are annoying and clearly not right.

3). Often when starting up from standby the TV goes into the Amdroid logo animation screen.  

I have c facets Tech Support who emailed me instructions but these state that it is possible that the TV might stop working and not start up.  It seems to me to be risky to follow these iinstructions if my TV might end up bricked.

has anyone else come across these problems introduced by the 3.885 update?

Thanks 

43 REPLIES 43
profile.country.GB.title
migube
Explorer

Is it not related to this?

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/mediatek-again-screwed-up-with-nougat-concerning-audio/td...

I'm still in 6.0... won't upgrade untill fixed 😞

tx

profile.country.RU.title
Andreiii
Explorer

Quinnicus написано:

Hi @Andreiii

Can you try a simple reboot of the TV - press and hold the power button on the remote control for more than 6 seconds, the TV will then display a message that it will reboot.

If that fails, can you try a factory reset, instructions : HERE

Cheers

))))

I know about soft reset. And also I have done factory reset (do not do this everybody) - still the same issues!

profile.country.DE.title
Wanya79
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus now is the End of September and still no contact from the Support Team, the error still exists

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Quinnicus doesn’t seem to be here any more...

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking