Join now - be part of our community!

Watching HDD recorded shows KD-49X8305C

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Mr-Pez

Watching HDD recorded shows KD-49X8305C

I've just set up a hard drive to record tv onto and think I'm missing something...  How do you watch the shows you record?

When I press 'Action Menu' I get menus for 'Display and Sound', 'TV', 'Twitter' and 'Recording'. Under this last menu all there is is a button to start and stop recording.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Mr-Pez

Never mind, found an app in the list.  Not particularly intuitive but got there...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Mr-Pez

Never mind, found an app in the list.  Not particularly intuitive but got there...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As another pointer, theres a button on the remote called 'Title List' which should do it too.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
pajo100

I had been able to watch and browse recorded programs via title list but now NO recordings are going in to the list !!

I have to go in to explorer to find the file and play it this way ,bloody nuisance as Sony support cannot fix this and it only happened after the last update Oct 2016.

Anyone else have this problem??

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

@pajo100 and @Mr-Pez

Hi

Another way accessing Recorded title list is Guide - "press left arrow on remote" - Recorded Title List.

Check Settings - Apps - System apps - Recorded title - (must be active)

If not then try to enable it.

If there is no "Recorded apps" in System apps, then there is a possibility to re-install by using ESFile Explorer:

• Open ES File Explorer
  • Browse to Local - Device - System - app - (find ssp_rec.apk) - select and press install

If a message says you cannot install go to Allow Uknown sources and select On

This will give you a message of Update for Recorded title app.

Just execute and installation will start.

profile.country.GB.title
Mick_J

Can also use the Discover button, then scoll down until reaching the Recorded list. Might need to be enabled using the Discover options available by the same route. But do not know if the Oct 2016 update has affected this feature.

profile.country.GB.title
pajo100

Thanks Mick J found my recordings under the discover button ok ,strange that they are not in the normal list when you press "title list " on the remote !!

Users here know more about these sets than Sony support in my humble opinion!!

profile.country.GB.title
pajo100

Now I find the recorded programs are added to the list when you play them through the discover button.

This software needs aa lot of tweeks to bring it up to spec.