Join now - be part of our community!

When will E-ARC be available on XF9005?

profile.country.GB.title
Xf9005hasnoEARC
Explorer

When will E-ARC be available on XF9005?

As the following article suggests the XF9000 soundbar has got the E-ARC update "Sony told us that recently pushed firmware updates are carrying eARC feature capability to its 2018 Master Series TVs (all A9F and Z9F models); AV receivers including the DH780, DN1080, ZA810, ZA1100, ZA2100, and ZA3100; and sound bars including the HT-ST5000, HT-ZF9 and the HT-XF9000"
https://hdguru.com/firmware-updates-for-earc-begin-to-arrive/

If the matching soundbar for the set already has E-arc I find it bizarre that the TV itself has not got it yet

Does anyone have any info on when this will be?
As the XF90 has been included in the 2019 range they don't really have an excuse for not adding this critical future audio output
Heck why they haven't done it will all capable sets from the past year I do not know as it is only a matter of a firmware upgrade
4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

I am very confident that XF90 won‘t be updated to support eARC.

profile.country.GB.title
Xf9005hasnoEARC
Explorer

Hi,

Where is the confidence coming from?

This is my first Sony set and I believe that it will be my last if they do not upgrade their sets appropriately when there is a simple firmware upgrade available to massively improve the performance of the audio, the set is in this years range still and by far their best seller over the last two years so to leave it behind like that would be ridiculous frankly

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Sony has never announced eARC for the XF90. The feature is reserved for their MT5893/X1 Ultimate based products. Even if it was theoretically possible, you usually do not get things for free from Sony. They rather take features away from you, like for example the Opera TV Store or the Video & TV SideView app in the past.

profile.country.GB.title
Xf9005hasnoEARC
Explorer

That doesn't put much faith in the brand for me

If the set got e-arc then I would have bought one of thier compatible e-arc products ie xf9000 or upgrade my onkyo AV to the Sony 1080 AV but certainly not now if you do not get the appropriate updates