Join now - be part of our community!

X900F Flickering with X-Tended Dynamic Range turned ON.

profile.country.JP.title
Sammy_Kneen
Explorer

X900F Flickering with X-Tended Dynamic Range turned ON.

I have an issue with my new X900F Bravia TV, where the backlight flickers if there is anything moving on screen and X-Tended Dynamic Range is turned ON. It happens whether it is on Low, Medium, or High.

I understand that X-Tended Dynamic Range is supposed to dynamically brighten and darken parts of the image, however instead of doing this smoothly the backlight is noticeably flickering everytime it does it. I have Eco Sensor off and have tried turning all other enhancements off too, but it still happens on every input.

It didn't seem to do this when I first purchased the TV, could this be a fault with my set?

Hope someone can help.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Sammy, 

It looks like your TV is not a UK model but I have found some information on the US site here that may help. Perhaps it's worth trying to adjust your picture settings using the information here or the backlight features here to see if that helps. 

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.NO.title
Buffa_89
Explorer

Im having the same/similar issue with my 65xf9005. Most noticeable when navigating the menu on the ps4(blue background) . When the picture changes it flickers for a second or two. Turning x-tended dynamic range off eliminates the flickering.

I've tried changing different picture setting without any luck. 

Any suggestions?