Join now - be part of our community!

Connection to windows 10

profile.country.IE.title
Edbuck
New

Connection to windows 10

I have a working Digital Handycam DCR-TRV11E with mini DV tapes. I am trying to figure out the best way to upload the movies onto a windows 10 Desktop. I have a firewire out socket and a video out jack on the camera but no firewire connection on the PC (HP ProDesk 400). I have a firewire cable (IEEE-1394 compliant) and a and a video cable with a single connection to the camera but no connection to the PC I expect I will need a data capture cable which ideally would connect to a usb port on the computer but which one using what method? The internet is full of suggestions but all of them with warnings. Anybody got any suggestions

Eddie

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.AE.title
milesfastguy

Hey!! I did something similar few years back, just went to a local video editing and programming store in my city, handed him the tapes, and what I got in return was the tape videos on high quality DVD, with the option of getting the same on hard disk as well. took the guy 2 working days to do this, and my tapes were the old school VHS ones. this for me was the cheapest way to convert rather than spending time and money on interfaces and connectors.

cheers.

profile.country.IE.title
Edbuck
New

Thanks for your suggestion but still hoping to do it myself. getting them
copied would cost me €300 to €400 I may have to resort to this if there
isn't a cable soloution
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You need the AV cable supplied with the camera (3.5mm jack to 3X RCA) and a USB Video Capture Device. Just check the USB Capture is Win 10 compatible - most are.

profile.country.IE.title
Edbuck
New

Many thanks for your comments. OK have that cable. Any suggestions on which USB Video Capture Device? I have seen a number on line but I find they give v little technical information, particularly in connection to my camcorder