Join now - be part of our community!

problem charging Sony E-reader PRS-650

SOLVED
profile.country.nl_NL.title
Ingelezen
Visitor

problem charging Sony E-reader PRS-650

I bought a Sony e-reader PRS-650 in december 2011. I've never had any problems untill now. I can't charge the e-reader anymore. I just resetted the e-reader and luckely my e-reader started again, but now the light for the powerbutton flickers orange. The light on the powerbutton is not red as it suppossed to be. I have tried to charge my e-reader on my computer and i have tried to charge my e-reader with an adapter. Who can help me charge my e-reader?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
carpetmojo

Presumably the 650 charged OK prior to this on both the PC, and your wall charger ?

And presumably the reader battery status is now low to non-existent .......

Does your wall charger function OK with any other equipment ? If it does, then it sounds like a battery malfunction, and I'd advise you go back to the retailer you bought it from, and ask them to sort it out - if you are in the UK you are covered by the Sale of Goods Act, google it to see your rights under law - which take precedence over any manufacturers conditions. Quote the Act to them and they should stop trying to evade responsibility - your contract is with the seller, not manufacturer, unless you bought direct from Sony ( which is not the same as buying from a "Sony Centre", which are nothing to do with Sony corporation, by the way.) If they are liable under the Act, you pay nothing.

Otherwise, contact Sony Support to see f they have any suggestions as to what the problem is.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

It could be the cable you're using.

I would suggest using a USB wall charger, not sure what adaptor you're using at the moment but have you got a mobile charger.

I use one like this http://tinyurl.com/7e49uyd, but mine came with my phone. It works great

I do have a Sony USB adaptor that does NOT work with my reader.

profile.country.en_GB.title
carpetmojo

Presumably the 650 charged OK prior to this on both the PC, and your wall charger ?

And presumably the reader battery status is now low to non-existent .......

Does your wall charger function OK with any other equipment ? If it does, then it sounds like a battery malfunction, and I'd advise you go back to the retailer you bought it from, and ask them to sort it out - if you are in the UK you are covered by the Sale of Goods Act, google it to see your rights under law - which take precedence over any manufacturers conditions. Quote the Act to them and they should stop trying to evade responsibility - your contract is with the seller, not manufacturer, unless you bought direct from Sony ( which is not the same as buying from a "Sony Centre", which are nothing to do with Sony corporation, by the way.) If they are liable under the Act, you pay nothing.

Otherwise, contact Sony Support to see f they have any suggestions as to what the problem is.