Join now - be part of our community!

PRS-T1 new software version available (1.0.04.12210)

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
scanman01
New

PRS-T1 new software version available (1.0.04.12210)

A new software download for the PRS-T1 is available on the Sony download site.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/PRS-T1

It is a firmware update for Windows Users and is dated 27-1-2012 and the file is 1.0.04.12210.exe.

According to the information supplied it is supposed to stop the "freezing when swiping the screen in order to change a page" or words to that effect!

I have downloaded it and updated my eReader and will see whether it in fact cures the "freezing/crashing" that can occur when changing a page over the last few days I have had a least three 'crashes' whilst changing a page.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
scanman01
New

Just an update to my previous posting.

After numerous attempts to return two books to my  library that still had 8-days remaining on them I decided to check my library account.

Under the 'My Loans' section which should have listed four books that  I had downloaded only two were listed, the ones that I had read and attempted to return had disappeared. Then tried searching for the titles of the two books in the library and found both which were now available for download.

It would appear that the books had been returned but instead of being automatically removed from my eReader which they usually are they had remained on the reader creating the ERROR message that I kept seeing when I attempted to send them back to the library!

I have since deleted these two books from the reader and have just tried returning another book to the library and this one was returned without any problem and was correctly removed from my reader.

Hopefully this has  cured my 'Return Books' problem.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
carpetmojo

Thanks scanman - never had any problems myself, but (almost) always a good idea to install firmware updates, whatever the gadget. [ Oops, pardon me, device.....:smileycool: ]

I hear elsewhere it has been beneficial, in a few different ways, one of which seems to be sensitivity on touchscreen commands - although that could p'raps be a mixed blessing if you've got sausage-fingers !

I wasn't too much impressed with the red-type for danger notes ! Rather smacks of Microsoft's infamous "A fatal error has occurred" when all you've done is dropped your wallet .......... :neutral:

perigee48
Visitor

New firmware is a disaster - I've had noithing but problems. First of all it froze my Mac, I had to reboot it several times.  Secondly, it created 6656 notes and when I tried to delete these, the Reader froze.  Also I see from the guidance notes here that the Reader should have been fully charged and that no other programs should be running whist the firmware is being updated.  Shame that wasn't said when I installed the firmware - no such warning came up.

thomasn75
Visitor

surely it states that on the download screen and you have to tick a box before you can download the update file. it certainly did when i did it for the pc version. dont know if the same happens if you update through the sony reader software.

carpetmojo

Anyone else in UK  had any problems with this update ?

The problems it seems to address haven't (far as I've experienced, anyway) been inflicted on me, which makes me wonder if I need to bother - and I've heard of a few glitches elsewhere.   :thinking:

scanman01
New

Since installing the latest updated firmware it has eliminated the freezing problem I would experience on occasion when 'swiping' the screen to change pages.

I also had another problem in that when attempting to change for example from page 49 to 50 it would refuse to change although I could go back to previous pages ie 48, 47, 46 etc it would not progress forwards. In order to overcome this problem I have to use the menu button on the reader select 'Navigate Page' key in for example page 50 and then the reader would work normally.

This glitch was there before I updated the software and still occurs from time to time.

I was wondering whether the fact that I am left-hand and 'stroke' the right side of the screen has any bearing on the problems that I have encountered as it would appear that other people do not have the freezing screen problem.

The only reason for mentioning being left-handed was because many years ago whilst in work operating a teletype machine I could generate a fault on the machine that no right-handed operator could! It was not until a technician stood and watched me working on the machine that he noticed that being left-handed I operated a sequence of keys that a right-hand person did not, he then located the problem and was able to sort out the machine.

carpetmojo

That's interesting - I trust you got a skills payment ?

It is funny though - I'm normally a fan of updating whenever possible, but this one seems very specific, and I've never had any of the problems it fixes, so I'm being a bit cautious this time.

But, I expect I'll give in eventually, don't like to miss anything free............ !  :smileymischief:

scanman01
New

I have come across another 'glitch' with the latest update! I am not able to return books to my local library which I was able to do with the earlier version of the software.

When from the 'Home' screen I select 'Books' then press the 'Menu' button and from the menu shown at the bottom of the screen I opt to 'Return Books' and then select books to be returned. Selecting 'done' from the menu at the top of the screen and selecting 'Yes' from the pop-up confirmation box I then see the messages 'Returning' - 'Connecting' - 'Connected' and the Wi-Fi icon shows at top right of the reader screen, at this point an error box pops up on screen stating:-

ERROR

"Cannot scan or connect to Wi-Fi network.

No network is found".

If I go back to the 'Home' screen select page 2 and select either the 'Public Library' or 'Browser' icons the reader connects to the web using my Wi-Fi connection without any problems.

The problem appears to be affecting only the ability to 'Return Books' to my library, connecting to my local library for browsing and downloading books is not affected, also the ability to surf the web is not affected.

Maybe there  will be a further update! :wink:

scanman01
New

Just an update to my previous posting.

After numerous attempts to return two books to my  library that still had 8-days remaining on them I decided to check my library account.

Under the 'My Loans' section which should have listed four books that  I had downloaded only two were listed, the ones that I had read and attempted to return had disappeared. Then tried searching for the titles of the two books in the library and found both which were now available for download.

It would appear that the books had been returned but instead of being automatically removed from my eReader which they usually are they had remained on the reader creating the ERROR message that I kept seeing when I attempted to send them back to the library!

I have since deleted these two books from the reader and have just tried returning another book to the library and this one was returned without any problem and was correctly removed from my reader.

Hopefully this has  cured my 'Return Books' problem.

Tykeman
Visitor

I downloaded this firmware update when it came available and my PRS-T1 still freezes and locks up. I have to use my paper clip and restart the unit every time. On start up from cold it might last, say, 30 minutes and then once it starts freezing, it's nearly every page turn.

So, it seems the problem has not been fixed, yet.

My way round this is to turn to my computer and read the e-book with the reader software.