Join now - be part of our community!

Ht-g700 soundbar

profile.country.GB.title
Donkeyshite
New

Ht-g700 soundbar

Hi y’all,

anyone used a usb to update firmware on Soundbar ht-g700. All I get is invalid usb.followed website instructions with no joy.

any help greatfully accepted

regards

simon

5 REPLIES 5
Piscie
Community Team

the USB stick should be formatted with FAT32. The USB requirements can be found here: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/sound-bars-home-theater-systems-sound-bars-surround-speak...

If the USB meets the requirements and you're still getting the error msg, try a different one if possible and test again.

profile.country.GB.title
muvoda

• Hi, this might sound stupid but it can be an easy mistake to make, I actually did the same, I plugged the 'formatted fat32' into the soundbar without installing the update first on my laptop, and with not updating the USB drive on my laptop I got the 'invalid usb' message. Doh!! This is just a suggestion, so I hope you get it sorted. muvoda.
profile.country.GB.title
Altiar
Community Team

I think you should probably format the USB on the laptop and try to download the software again. If the issue remained, I think it's better to try using a different USB to download the update.

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

You do realise this question was asked a year ago in August 2023.

I think it has probably been resolved.

profile.country.GB.title
muvoda

Thanks @Altiar but I think you mis- understood me, I did the update on my computer after I tried plugging the USB into the soundbar with no software on it. Once I realised my mistake I downloaded the software onto the USB and updated it with no problems. It was just a suggestion to the other guy who said he got a "invalid USB " message when he plugged it into the soundbar,  which you would get with no software on it, because that's what I did and got the same message. Regards muvoda.