Join now - be part of our community!

New Hi-Fi/All in one system for vinyl/cd/mp3 (line in/out)

New Hi-Fi/All in one system for vinyl/cd/mp3 (line in/out)

I've been browsing the internet for a new all in one system to play vinyls that I've recently started aqquiring, I don't know alot about setting up my own system so I was wondering if I could ask on here for some advice.

Some of the all in one systems on here provide great sound etc but only appear to have compatability with iphones/ipods and cds. Do any of the systems have a input that I could just connect my own turntable to or is that a stupid question?

I've looked through the individual audio components, but obviously that works out more expensive and I feel like I don't know enough about what I should be getting/looking for connection wise.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
MattySD
Explorer

Sony don't make an all-in-one system that includes a turntable anymore, however the PSLX300USB is a nice versatile turntable that can be used with a suitable all-in-one system.  Although it has a USB output for a connection to a computer it can also be used as a straight h-fi component as it has a switchable phono and line level output that can be used with any system with an aux-in socket:

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/hfc-record-player/ps-lx300usb

If you already have a turntable that has a built in preamp (so that it can give a line level output) then you can use most all-in-one systems that have a 3.5mm jack input. These are usually labeled "PC IN" but can just as easily be used with anything else that has a line level output.  Here’s an example of a mini system that has this kind of input:

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/hmi-ipod-hi-fi/mhc-ec99i

If your turntable has a regular phono-level output, which is much less than a line-level output you will need a phono preamp in order to use the same input.  Although Sony doesn’t make them they are widely available from various third party manufacturers.