Join now - be part of our community!

Vtuner not working

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Rbell2010

Vtuner not working

Hi

I have not been able to access vtuner since Friday 5th September, I reported it to sony yesterday and the reply was "Unfortunately, our systems are currently down for maintenance and will be up and running within 24 hours, Please feel free to contact us again at that time.". 

Has anyone else not been able to access vtuner for 4days, it seems that being reliant on just one internet radio supplier may be like putting all of your eggs in one basket.

Having not had the internet radio service for 4 days I feel this is unacceptable, does anyone feel the same?

304 REPLIES 304
keesgerrits
Explorer

It is really too silent in the house.

I have no CD's and the CMT-MX700Ni has no AUX input to connect a source like a laptop running vTuner.

Is there a way to stream the sound of the laptop to the MX700Ni?

spudkin

Yes the same here will be sending back my cmt mx 750 ni which i bought on the very day that the vtuner stopped working.I dont think they are going to fix this issue or i think they would have said something.Sony are cutting back on a lot of things.i will give until tuesday then it goes back.Anyone now of a similar product with internet radio and cd player.

I found a temporary fix to get Interner radio on my amp via the network (DNLA) rather than a DCMI cable connection. Check that streamer running on a computer :

http://www.streamwhatyouhear.com/

This is not a satisfactory solution but at least there is music in the house 😉 

profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

What the system can do when connected to a network •The system can play audio content stored on a server (a computer, etc.) on your home network (page37).

Sent from Samsung Mobile

I forgot to mention that you get the VTuner stream from :

http://vtuner.com/setupapp/guide/asp/BrowseStations/Searchform.asp

of course you can get all kind of other stream including your personal music collection.

profile.country.DE.title
mypointofview

When loggin in to this forum it says "Ihr persönliches Erlebnis" -- check your language for a sad laugh. Is it LOL or LMFAO? No Party Rock here. It's the THIRD weekend now, without my favorite radio shows on what used to be my favorite radio of my favorite brand, SONY.

Remember where that name came from: Sony – from the Latin word 'sonus' meaning sound, and 'sonny' a slang word used by Americans to refer to a bright youngster, "since we were sonny boys working in sound and vision", said Akio Morita. The company was founded as Tokyo Tsushin Kogyo KK (Tokyo Telecommunications Engineering Corporation) in 1946, and changed its name to Sony in 1958. Sony was chosen as it could be pronounced easily in many languages.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_company_name_etymologies#S

webferret
Explorer

My CMT-MX700NI has an AUDIO IN at the front of the unit and I am using this now to stream from vTuner from my pc to the unit (as a workaround).

Don't you think it is also weird that we do not anything from vTuner? I have mailed them twice and did get no response. Surely they must be feeling angry since they get the blame from Sony.... Unless ofcourse they are the reason of all this...

keesgerrits
Explorer

Oops, never saw that input jack before....

Thanks.

grwalli41
Explorer

This is getting ridiculous. I just popped into the local Sony centre (in the UK) where I bought the SA-NS410 from a couple of years ago. They had no idea that vtuner was down. In fact, the assistant commented that he'd been trying to get it working on the new high-res music centre (I think it was a HAP-Z1ES) that they'd just got in yesterday and he'd put the failure down to their store network! He confirmed that there had been no emails about vtuner being available.

So - Sony are still putting products into their stores that have functions that don't work and their staff don't know.

Come on Sony - we know that you read these discussion forums. If your current financial woes mean that you can no longer support vtuner, tell us (and the rest of your customers). If there is genuinely a technical issue that you are trying to sort out, tell us that too and give us an indication of when it will be fixed. 

profile.country.GB.title
BollyDave

@grwalli41 wrote:

This is getting ridiculous. I just popped into the local Sony centre (in the UK) where I bought the SA-NS410 from a couple of years ago. They had no idea that vtuner was down. In fact, the assistant commented that he'd been trying to get it working on the new high-res music centre (I think it was a HAP-Z1ES) that they'd just got in yesterday and he'd put the failure down to their store network! He confirmed that there had been no emails about vtuner being available.

So - Sony are still putting products into their stores that have functions that don't work and their staff don't know.

Come on Sony - we know that you read these discussion forums. If your current financial woes mean that you can no longer support vtuner, tell us (and the rest of your customers). If there is genuinely a technical issue that you are trying to sort out, tell us that too and give us an indication of when it will be fixed. 

Similar story here with non Sony, but large retail chain. They are looking into this for me but I've decided I don't want vTuner any more, unless it gets fixed with reassurances this won't recur.

Sony have not demonstrated decent customer care as far as I'm concerned. By now they surely know the root cause and solution. However they are not being open about it. I think it highly likely my receiver will be going back for refund or exchange this week.

As a long term customer of Sony I feel disrespected and taken for a fool. Enough is enough.