Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DN1060 Problems after Feb2016 firmware update

pcooper
New

STR-DN1060 Problems after Feb2016 firmware update

Hello. I have three Sony units (TV=KD-49X8307C; receiver=STR-DN1060; PS4)... and all three received firmware updates over the last couple of days. Now, when playing a game on the PS4, the HDMI signal just disappears. If I unplug the receiver and plug it back in, the signal reappears. It's been happening a couple of times per day since the update... and not once prior to then.

Is anybody else experiencing anything similar?

Also, is there some way to reset the receiver without unplugging it? (I've tried the "usual" methods... holding the power button down, holding the remote power button down, etc... I've even looked in the manual!)

Any hints or suggestions would be appreciated. Cheers.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sorry in the delay for replying.  Is this still happening?  If so, is your HDMI cables in good condition and of decent quality? Also, what happen if the PS4 is directly connected to the TV and not the AV Receiver?

For troubleshooting purposes, rule out as many steps or hops that the HDMI connection needs, and then take it from their.

Cheers

pcooper
New

Hello, Quinnicus. Thank you for your reply.

As it happens, I did swap the cable for a better one, and the problem remains. Connecting directly to the TV, however, remedies the situation. So I'd guess that it is the receiver. In fact, if there's no signal coming out of the receiver, and reconnect the PS4 to the TV the signal displays i.e. it is being presented to the receiver. Once the receiver gets into the "No signal" state I have to unplug/plug it back in to get things back to normal.

The receiver is running M29.R.0340, but this update was applied a month or two ago. On the same recent weekend that the PS4 and the TV (KD-49X8307C) received system updates I did note that the receiver was displaying "Updating" in the front panel of the device. As the firmware revision hasn't changed, perhaps there was some other more subtle update going on?

My "solution" is to hope that the receiver benefits from another "Updating" fairly soon.

In the meantime, I will try putting the PS4 directly into another HDMI port on the TV, and taking the optical feed out of the PS4 or the TV back into the receiver to get surround sound that way.

All a bit of a hassle, and slightly depressing given that I consolidated down to a Sony-only installation in order to simplify things!

Again, thanks for your response.

Cheers.