Join now - be part of our community!

Using HT-XT1 or other soundbars/boards with Sony KDL43W80

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Froobie
Explorer

Using HT-XT1 or other soundbars/boards with Sony KDL43W80

Hi all.

Could someone answer a couple of Qs, please, about using soundbars like the HT-XC1 with my new Sony tele - before I commit!

1) When connected, do you need to control the soundbar separately - eg: for turning it on and off, and volume. I'm ideally looking at simply being able to turn the TV on and the soundbar comes on automatically with it. And for the TV's volume button to control the soundbar's output too - not to have to juggle two remotes.

Is that how it works or will I need to handle two remotes - one for the tele (changing channels) and the HT-XC1's for adjusting the volume of the soundbar?

2) Can Sony's Bluetooth app - SongPal - completely replace the HT-XC1's remote? Does it have the full quota of the soundbase's controls - or even all the essential ones?

Many thanks :slight_smile:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Don't know about the Songpal app, but connecting your TV via an HDMI-ARC connection and enabling braviasync on both you have all the feature you ask for: automatical switch on/off, device switching, volume control (and no need of an optical cable due to ARC support)

You'll have also the possibility to set all the HT parameter directly on the specific TV setup function (available only for Sony HT)... so no use of the soundbar remote at all! I don't even remember where I put my own HTCT350 remote :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Don't know about the Songpal app, but connecting your TV via an HDMI-ARC connection and enabling braviasync on both you have all the feature you ask for: automatical switch on/off, device switching, volume control (and no need of an optical cable due to ARC support)

You'll have also the possibility to set all the HT parameter directly on the specific TV setup function (available only for Sony HT)... so no use of the soundbar remote at all! I don't even remember where I put my own HTCT350 remote :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Froobie
Explorer

Fab!  That's great news - just what I wanted to hear :thumbsup:

Many thanks.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Just remember that it is valid only if you choose an HT with an HDMI connection, it doesn't work if you have to connect the system via optical cable (and the setup via TV only for Sony HT).

Enjoy it!

profile.country.GB.title
Froobie
Explorer

'HT'?  Do you mean Sony's HT-XT1? Or does 'HT' stand for something else?! :thinking:

It'll almost certainly be the HT-HX1 - or another Sony - Soundbase I'll be going for.

Or would any Soundbase with an HDMI-ARC work too?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

HT means any Home Theater system not only the HT-XT1, but there are some basic HT that do not have any HDMI connection, so in that case it will not work.

HDMI-CEC and ARC compliant HT of any brand will work in the same way (except you will not have the setting available via the TV setup function) and obviously if by any chance you have problem you will get from both parties an answer like "it is guaranteed to work only using the same brand on both sides - TV AND HT"

profile.country.GB.title
Froobie
Explorer

Tee-hee!

Thank you.

All clear.

Great forum - much appreciated. :slight_smile: