Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia S Battery Drain

SOLVED
Not applicable

Xperia S Battery Drain

I know we're dealing with Android OS here, which isnt the greatest when it comes to battery life but even after setting all connections to manual sync the battery drops rather quickly. Is it just me or is anyone else having the same issue. Lets see if we can get a Bug Fix out of this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Markus1
Leader

Since you got an Xperia S I assume it's fairly new, right? New batteries tend to need some time before reaching top performance. You will hopefully notice improvements as time goes by over the first weeks.

Also, this phone's got a pretty large screen and it needs power. Try to lower the screen brightness and see if it makes any difference.

View solution in original post

124 REPLIES 124
Not applicable

plz post your battery screenshot when it is drain from 100% to 10% here

Not applicable

okay. how does that help?

Not applicable

well that would give us an idea whether ur battery is performing okay or not ..

Not applicable

so post a screen shot at 100% & 10% ??

Not applicable

Charge your phone to full 100% and then after use when it reaches to 10% take a screenshot and post it here

Markus1
Leader

Since you got an Xperia S I assume it's fairly new, right? New batteries tend to need some time before reaching top performance. You will hopefully notice improvements as time goes by over the first weeks.

Also, this phone's got a pretty large screen and it needs power. Try to lower the screen brightness and see if it makes any difference.

Not applicable

I do have the brightness down, but i think you're right. The battery does seem to be getting better

Not applicable

I am finding the battery life quite frankly ridiculous. What are Sony up to?

All this stupidity about removing the battery and then putting it back in. This is where Apple win every time - they would not be putting the consumer through this sort of rubbish.

I shouldn't have to turn the screen brightness down to such a low level, uninstall so many widgets, download battery regulating software, or turn off the bravia engine. It defeats the object of buying the phone in the first place.

Sony better had solve this issue fast and, whilst I am at it, pull their finger out and get that ICS update released pronto.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant but I am speaking the truth. This is a potentially great device being badly let down by such teething problems.

Not applicable

The battery life really is poor Slightly_frowning_Face I've tried several tricks but the battery doesn't last even a work day Angry_Face