Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32D3000 multiline screen fault

profile.country.en_GB.title
TV-less
Visitor

KDL-32D3000 multiline screen fault

My KDL-32D3000 Bravia TV, manufactured in June 2007, has developed a screen fault. The screen is full of multi-coloured vertical lines. No picture is available.  Reading through other forums (avforum.com), this seems to be a common fault on this model from 2007. Rather disappointing for a TV which cost £700.

Can anyone advise of the cause of this fault?

Message was edited by: TV-less

Tags (3)
58 REPLIES 58
suebgbr
Visitor

I was going to complain by email and found this page on this very site.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts/tvhc/email

They are admitting liability on a certain number of TV's and will fix them for free. There is a list of these TV's on the page.

Good luck x

suebgbr
Visitor

I was going to complain by email and found this page on this very site.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts/tvhc/email

Scroll down to the most asked answers and click on Bravia LCD board problem

They are admitting liability on a certain number of TV's and will fix them for free. There is a list of these TV's on the page.

Good luck x

Message was edited by: suebgbr

Message was edited by: suebgbr

sbooder
Visitor

This will be my one and only post.

It seems that the model most affected by this fault the Bravia KDL32D3000 is not on the list, there is a surprise.

I only joined this forum to voice my disappointment with SONY.   I have read forum after forum on this problem and not a glimmer of a response from SONY.

Well, it is a shame because I used to respect them, but now they have lost my custom.

I will not be buying anything SONY any more.

m0apcs
Visitor

Now my kdl32d3000 has developed multi colour band fault. Manufactured 10/2007 serial number 4036030

Very disappointed. Unless Sony start to realise they have a problem with quality control, it'll end up in a skip.

Paid £800 and now looking at having to replace under 5 years.

Any positive news likely from sony ?

FaultyBravia
Visitor

I am experiencing the exact same problem with my Bravia model number KDL-32D3000 manufactured in November 2007. As Sony have not responded to this problem when there is clearly a manufacturing fault I will warn all my family and friends against purchasing Sony products. I am also seriously considering contacting Watchdog. Surely Sony can't get away with this.

profile.country.de_AT.title
Dan-123
Visitor

Same issue now  with my KDL-32D3000. Started two days ago!

Multi coloured vertical lines, no picture but sound.

TV production date 11/2007.

Ser.No.:4350362

grohdey
Visitor

Got the coloured vertical line problem with my KDL32D300 manufactured June 2007. TV is less than 5 years old - paid £700+ for what I thought was quality kit. Got alot of Sony items but will not purchase any more unless someone at Sony deals with this problem promptly. Current situation is 100 mile round trip to Sony centre & pay £40 up front just to have TV looked at - would rather buy another set. Can buy a 32" LCD for well under £200 - if it only lasted a couple of years it would be better value for money than Sony.

MESSAGE TO SONY

There are literally hundreds of people with the same problem and the problem TV's seem to be manufactured in 2007 - often June/July. There is obviously a fault with a particular batch. You need to respond to the evidence on this & other forums and sort the problem or risk loosing your reputation as a maker of quality goods. I am going to contact BBC's watchdog, unless I get a fast response from someone who is prepared to face up to the problem.

Batfinkk

Mindful its likely substantially out of warranty, why don't you just claim under your home contents insurance to have it repaired? Chances are it would be declared too expensive to repair anyway and they will give you a replacement.

amllewe
Visitor

My KDL 32D3000 has just developed this fault too.  It started with a few vertical lines on one part of the screen and now the whole screen is covered and so is unwatchable.

Manufacture Date 06/2007

Serial No. 4012018

I bought the TV cDec 2007 and expected it to last longer than 5 years.  I can't afford to get it fixed or to buy a replacement so am looking for someone to give me a cast off. Thanks Sony.  I will not now recommend you to anyone.

Re. insurance claim - why would your home contents insurance cover the cost of repair? It's not been lost, stolen or damaged?  It's broken down.

amllewe
Visitor

Batfinkk - are you seriously advocating making a fraudulant insurance claim?