Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32D3000 multiline screen fault

profile.country.en_GB.title
TV-less
Visitor

KDL-32D3000 multiline screen fault

My KDL-32D3000 Bravia TV, manufactured in June 2007, has developed a screen fault. The screen is full of multi-coloured vertical lines. No picture is available.  Reading through other forums (avforum.com), this seems to be a common fault on this model from 2007. Rather disappointing for a TV which cost £700.

Can anyone advise of the cause of this fault?

Message was edited by: TV-less

Tags (3)
58 REPLIES 58
KitchenerC
Visitor

I also have a Sony KDL-32D3000, manufactured in 2007, which has developed the same fault. I note that this fault (with the T-con) has been reported by many people but Sony apparently refuses to acknowledge a manufacturing defect (despite issuing a Technical Bulletin (09TV102R1 dated 08.01.10 which shows how to fix it)). Given the lack of support offered by Sony to its customers I shall be getting a replacement from a different manufacture.

profile.country.GB.title
mitzimuffin
Explorer

I have now got the same problem with KDL40v3000. I contacted Domestic and General and a repair man came to take it away yesterday.  He said it is unlikley they will be able to repair it due to the cost of the panel.

I have a 5 year warranty do I have to accept their replacement or can I request a cheque so I can put it towards another TV.

nihybo
Visitor

The same problem started with our KDL-32D3000 a couple of days ago. I contacted Sony Customer Services after finding this thread and they informed me that whilst they are looking into it, the investigation is still ongoing so it is currently not a 'known' problem. They can't tell me how the investigation is going, they can't put me through to anyone who can as they are the only department who is customer facing, and until they acknowledge it as a known problem they are not responsible for fixing it so we are on our own. If we do pay to get it fixed and they subsequently admit there is a problem, we won't be able to get a refund if we've already fixed it. So thanks for all your help Sony but I don't think we'll be buying any further products from you in the future.

brcavan64
Visitor

Same problem with my KDL-32D3000. Started over a week ago, rang Sony and the Indian call centre girl advised me there was no problem with this make of TV, and to re set my TV back to default factory setting and start again. Done so.

It worked ok for two days and now its back to the vertical lines again.

This TV was manufactured 10/2007.

Will not Buy a Sony product again.

profile.country.hu_HU.title
pankotain
Visitor

Hi!

I'm sorry if what I write, if nonsensical, but I can only Hungarian
and the compiler I use.
Those who used to repair the installed Easy ways TVT.
The t-con panel in black foam which is to take it down.
be stuck back in about two thick thermally conductive rubber was put under a lot ofthin sheets.
must have a thickness that stretch back to the panel because the problem is due tothe bending of the panel and there were out of the cpu's legs.
But thermal conductivity only to the original location to be placed in the lower half.
After 4-5 days improves the TV completely, of course, if you go all day.
Good luck with it:)
improved me the error.

Message was edited by: pankotain

qcjohn
Visitor

I have excatly the same fault , the tvbatch is June 2007. The same failure sequence of events ... first randomly shutting down and then the purple lines. I'll try and fix the fault by myself as Sony obviously are not interested. Before this we were a committed Sony family - TV/PSP's/PS3 phones etc or over 20 years. I have never bought another Sony product since this fault, and never will. I work in automotive warranty/quality and it's obviously a batch fault. There's only one course of action for a company who believe in their brand - replace these TV's.

jachors
Visitor

Hi All

We to have the same fault on Sony KDL32D3000 MAUFACTURED 05207

Multi coloured vertical lines, no picture but sound. We have had this problem intermittant for about 6 months on and off but now no picture at all.

When is the Sony Technical Team going to respond.

Obvious fault.

jachors
Visitor

Hello

Has there been any responce from the Technical Team yet regarding the problems on this model of TV.

thanks 

Rio1944
Visitor

Our Sony Bravia has also developed this fault - Manufactured 10/2007

I went to add myself to the list on AVForum but it now says Topic Closed

Looks like we are off shopping to buy a new TV but it definately won't be a Sony after reading the comments in this topic - don't they realise they are biting the hand that feeds them by blatently ignoring this fault in manufacture.

They should have all been recalled when it became obvious that something was wrong but I guess they are only in it to make money and customer satisfaction is bottom of the list.

picasso1980
Visitor

Same issue here folks ... multicoloured lines etc. Was quoted £200 repair bill on a TV less than 5 years old which cost £750 - unacceptable.

Having read the full thread I am absolutely disgusted that a global brand such as Sony feel that they can treat their customers in such a horrendous manner when there has been a clear fault with these units.

I will be avoiding Sony products in the future.

Unable to afford the repair so looks like it's a cheap alternative for me ... Make Believe indeed.