Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-48W605B : does not respond to remote control and restarts itself over and over

Oleksand
New

KDL-48W605B : does not respond to remote control and restarts itself over and over

I've bought Sony Bravia KDL-48W605B few months ago.

From the very beginning there were an issue: TV did not respond to the remote control. But it was really rare, like one or two times per month. TV restarted itself and worked normally for a some time. 

But after the last firmware update (PKG2.303EUA) it just gone crazy: restarts itself over and over with few seconds interval.

I went through troubleshooting with guys from Sony Technical Support including power reset, factory reset , etc. Twice. it worked out for few days. And then I am getting same problem again.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there 

Have you tried unplugging all connected devices to the tv - just leave the power plug and aerial connected and see what happens. 

If that doesnt help, Unfortunately in your case, I think it is time for you to either claim a warranty repair or an exchange from the retailer you purchased it from - as you have done the usual factory reset. 

Cheers

Oleksand
New

Actually I don't have any external device connected to tv
Glitches
New

I have the same issue. I use a CA-module for my digital TV card and if I remove that it works normally. I had a box I could use instead but i hope they fix this issue.

profile.country.en_GB.title
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

Hi Guys,

Not sure if it will help but did you have a look at this: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-hn/prd-tvhc/rebooting-loop-tv

Cheers

Nico 

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)