Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-55X9005B AV1 output

SOLVED
Alex_54
Explorer

KDL-55X9005B AV1 output

I can't get an output signal on AV1 when feeding the TV from HDMI or running Netflix but it works fine when using the TV tuner. Is there a way to enable AV1 for all sources?

Thanks, Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.da_DK.title
Nielsen

No, it's limited by your TV, probably by copyright reasons. Signals from HDMI, USB or ethernet (or maybe CI+) are most likely encrypted and the AV1 signal is analog and thus decrypted. So it's a Sony business limitation and you need to wire otherwise.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

You can only select AV1 if you have something connected to the AV1 port on your TV. 

I am not 100% sure what you mean when you want to watch Netflix or a HDMI source as well as AV1.  You cant watch 2 at the same time - However, you should be able to use the Picture-in-Picture or Picture-and-Picture modes to watch both imputs on the same screen (if thats what you are meaning?)

Cheers

Alex_54
Explorer

Hi,

Sorry, I don't think I made my point very well. I don't want to use AV1 as an input, I want to connect AV1 to a video sender so I can watch whatever is on the main TV in another room so I need audio and video output from AV1 whatever is being displayed. At the moment it only works when the internal tuner is being used.

Thanks, Alex

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there

Its a little clearer now what you are trying to do.  However, unfortunately I do not think you can do what you want to do - especially as I dont know what model AV Sender/receiver you have. 

I believe your AV1 is a SCART socket.  This is di-directional, in the sense of "A TV will typically send the antenna audio and video signals to the SCART sockets all the time and watch for returned signals, to display and reproduce them. This allows "transparent" set-top boxes, without any tuner, which just "hook" and pre-process the TV signals." from HERE.  This is probably why it works for TV (terrestrial broadcasts)

The other ports on your TV, such as HDMI are INPUT ports only.  Therefore it will not work.  Without knowing which model you have, its hard to advise much further.  However there are AV Senders that have HDMI inputs on the unit itself - this is probably what you would require. 

Found one called : Provision Wireless HD Sender  (£229 on Amazon).  Have a look at the manual : HERE

Cheers

Alex_54
Explorer

Hi,

The video sender is a Digisender X2 with twin SCART inputs. I don't need to send HD, it works well for what I need if I plug it into my Freesat box. I don't see why the AV1 output is disabled for all but the internal tuner, maybe there is an option buried deep in the menus that I can't find or could it be forbidden?

Since HDMI are input only ports as you say, it will not do what I want as it would just piggy-back on a single input rather than providing an output for whichever input was active.

Regards, Alex

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have had a look at the manual for your Digisender X2 : HERE - unfortunately as I suspected, you can only send signals from other devices that are directly connected to the Digisender itself - via the input SCART ports.  SCART was never designed to transmit other signals through it, other than the bi-directional communications with the Tuner - Its not just Sony TVs either. (see the wiki link, I posted in previous answer).

What you need to do, is connect your equipment (that you want to send) to the SCART ports on the Digisender itself.  If your other device/s are only HDMI, unfortunately this is probably the wrong device for your requirements.

Cheers

profile.country.da_DK.title
Nielsen

No, it's limited by your TV, probably by copyright reasons. Signals from HDMI, USB or ethernet (or maybe CI+) are most likely encrypted and the AV1 signal is analog and thus decrypted. So it's a Sony business limitation and you need to wire otherwise.