mudassiraslam
Explorer

KDL55W829 with CT260 soundbar - issues

Hi,

I have bravia 55W829 with Sony sound bar CT260H. I have following set up:

Sky HD - HDMI 1

Blue ray - HDMI 3

PS3 - HDMI 4

I have connected HDMI 2 (ARC) on tv to the HDMI (TV) of the sound bar. Although not required but as I already had a spare one I connected the optical cable from TV to the sound bar as well.

On TV I tried to follow the instructions with TV by changing the sound settings from TV speakers to Audio system however I dont get a sound from the sound bar. I have tried many things but it is not working.

I have used the Amazon's basic HDMI cables which states it support the ARC so I assume that is not the issue here. Link of the HDMI Amazon (HDMI)

Also I have tried bravia sync but doesnt work either. In the list of compatible devices I do not see CT260h so does this mean I cannot use bravia sync for this sound bar?

Any help/suggestions welcome.

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
mudassiraslam
Explorer

All working now.

Sound bar settings were changed in the hdmi menu to sync with to hdmi so solved the issue of going to optical every time it was switched on.

Also turned off the 'effect' in the sound bar and has increased the sound substantially.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

The Optical cable is probably the part that is causing confusion.  This is not needed as audio will be transmitted via HDMI-ARC (Audio Return Channel). 

Best thing to do is switch everything off, remove optical cable, and switch it all on again.  Ensure that you have the HDMI cable plugged into the HDMI TV OUT port on the soundbar.  And as you have already wrote, the HDMI-ARC port on the TV.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
mudassiraslam
Explorer

Thanks. I have removed the optical cable altogether however still not luck!

When i switch from Speakers to Audio system, there is no sound on the soundbar (switched to HDMI OUt TV). Also when I enable the TV's bravia sync it cannot detect the attached sound bar.

Could it be the HDMI cable? I have got this one Link. I have tried using my other old HDMI but I am not sure if that is 1.4 so should I try buying a new HDMI cable?

thanks

rl31walshy

I had similar which I fixed by changing one of the audio settings.

I can't remember exactly what the setting was but the options were Auto or (I think) PCM. On auto there was no sound but switching to the latter the sound came up.

profile.country.GB.title
mudassiraslam
Explorer

Thanks. Actually it was HDMI cable which needs replacing. I have removed the optical cable all together and it is working fine now. However I am now encountering two issues:

a) With Bravia sync, the cound bar always starts with Optical instead of HDMI (TV). I could not figure out if there is anything wrong with the settings?

b) SKY HD+ box - the sound via HDMI is quite low even with the sound bar - any suggestions

profile.country.GB.title
mudassiraslam
Explorer

All working now.

Sound bar settings were changed in the hdmi menu to sync with to hdmi so solved the issue of going to optical every time it was switched on.

Also turned off the 'effect' in the sound bar and has increased the sound substantially.