Join now - be part of our community!

Play Blu - Rays Full Screen

profile.country.GB.title
alex30

Play Blu - Rays Full Screen

Hi,

I have just bought a Sony BDS 1200 Blu - Ray player to go with my KDL 55W 829 TV . I wonder if anyone can tell me how to play Blu - Ray films full screen. At the moment they are playing letter box and I can't change it.

Regards Alex.

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.en_GB.title
hcr_hassen

Press "Options" on the remote and choose "Screen Format" to change the frame ratio and zoom. There might also be a button on the remote that looks like this:

But in movies that are wider than the ratio of the TV (HDTVs are 1.77:1, many/most movies are 2.35:1), if you zoom to fill the screen height you will crop the frame horizontally.

By the way, do you have the above button on your remote? What's the model of your remote control? (The remote that came with my TV has no such button.)

profile.country.GB.title
alex30

Hi hcr,

Thanks for the info.

Mry remote doesn't have the button you mention, it is the RM - ED058. 

The problem I have doing it via the Options button is that when the Blu - Ray player is connected then the player's menu comes up when I use the TV remote. I have to diconnect the player (simply switching it off doesn't work) in order to access the TV menu. This seems very odd to me , as does the lack of a Sceen Format button on the remote.

Anyway thanks again for the input.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

In order to use the TV remote to command the TV when in bravia sync mode you have to press the "sync menu" botton and choose to operate the TV wiht the remote. In this way you have access to all the image options of your tv via remote.

hcr_hassen

Yeah, the remotes Sony are including this year don't make sense at all. No such button on the RM-ED061 either.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Why do you say isn't there? Just below the power on/off button

RMED061.jpg

hcr_hassen

I was talking about the "Screen Format" button.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I mean to indicate where to find the sync menu button to change the screen format via "options" while connected to an HDMI device..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys

I thought i'd just chip in here and say that you are both talking about the same thing here - just different ways in doing it.  If the dedicated button on the remote control is not there (as it would suggest), then the alternative way is what rooobb said above.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
alex30

Hi rooobb,

Thanks for the info. I had no idea that the sync button would allow me to acccesss the TV picture options whilst an  HDMI deviice is connected.

I must say that I do like my KDL 55W829 but Sony could do with making the menus and the remote less confusing.