Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL-32W705B - Constant LAN Disconnections

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
sozzny
Explorer

Sony KDL-32W705B - Constant LAN Disconnections

Hello,

Just bought a KDL-32W705B , really having problems with the LAN connection which I hope anyone can help with.

The TV reports that the TV is connected to the internet and home network ok but at inconsistant intervals it will drop the network connection displaying a message "The TV is not connected to the network". On clearing the message the LAN symbol in the top right corner will display an X then reconnects. This happens in a constant loop therefore trying to watch any streamed content from my My Book Live Duo, iPlayer and YouTube is impossible.

The TV is plugged into a 5 port Linksys switch which then runs to a BT Home Hub 3.

I've tried the following witthout success:

DHCP/Static IP addresses.

Factory reset of TV

1GB/100 sockets

The tv firmware is up to date so I'm completely stumped.

Just to add, a PC, Humax STB and Playstation 3 is connected to the same switch, these devices remain connected without any issue.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks, Owen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
sozzny
Explorer

Hurrah, new software download PKG2.134EUA appears to have solved my LAN disconnections :slight_smile:

Been watching videos stored on my NAS drive this afternoon with no disconnections at all.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you try a factory reset of the TV (you never know).  Also its conceivable that you have a faulty ethernet cable - Try connecting it up with one that you know works and see how it goes?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
sozzny
Explorer

Tried other cables and a factory reset without any luck. I've even had the TV replaced and its still doing it. Every other device on my home network works flawlessly though which is strange.

No problems with Wi-Fi but the signal is too weak to stream anything.

There appears to be a software upgrade available so will try that out at the weekend.

Thanks.

Kryten_2X4B-523P
Explorer

Just another testimony here,

I own a different model (from the 2014 Bravia line), the KDL-42W706B, but I'm experiencing the same issue.

I thought at first the problem was caused by the Synology Media Server I use to feed DLNA content to the TV, but changing the SSDP advertisement interval didn't help. The disconnection is pretty random, sometimes it's stable for 2 hours and sometimes the TV loose the network after 20 minutes.

I've tried everything recommended here, factory reset, even plugging the TV directly to the router (originally the TV was plugged to a Netgear gigabit switch) but the problem persists.

I hope Sony will be able to solve this problem soon, it's pretty stressful to not know if the movie you're watching is going to stop half-through, and it's really irritating considering the price of this model.

profile.country.GB.title
bigredbus2

Ditto.

I have a Bravia KDL-32W705B connected via a LAN to a Netgear DGN2200 modem/router and a WD myCloud NAS server. I can serve media to the TV  no problem but the TV drops out after a random time. However, going back to the MediaServer selection, selecting the program again and pressing play resumes from where we left off. I have upped the uPnP Advertising time (which apparently, illogically) and have had no luck. I can't find disconnects in my router log. 

Any ideas appreciated...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Can you please confirm that it is a total network drop out on the TV, and not just a uPnP Streaming drop-out.  According to the original poster, it sounds like he was experiencing a total drop-out with error message.

When the TV drops the network, are you able to "ping" the TV from a computer?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
sozzny
Explorer

Complete drop out (x appears in the top right corner) lasts only couple of secs, like someone flicking a switch.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just to let you know, going by the description of what you guys are reporting, I have escalated this thread to Sony Support for a more thorough investigation.  If this is a more widespread issue, hopefully a FW update would resolve this.  If not, im sure a solution can be found.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
sozzny
Explorer

Here is a youtube vid of the disconnection in the status screen:

http://youtu.be/6Mx0uTKo3-s
http://youtu.be/ppjBxk09ISM
profile.country.da_DK.title
Nielsen

Doesn't seem to have any connection at all. The auto settings look strange. Have you tried wiring directly to the BT hub (without the switch)?

alternatively you can copy IP settings from your PC with a different IP address ofc, and feed in manually. To check status, you must use the bar in the upper right corner, i.e. verify connection.