Join now - be part of our community!

Remote Control Problem RM-ED035

cmacneil
Explorer

Remote Control Problem RM-ED035

Hello all

I have an RM-ED035 and Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403.  Both were new to me when I bought them some 7 years ago 

Recently the remote failed.  I have checked batteries and general condition / cleanliness of the device.  All ok.

We have been activating the TV, channels and volume with the buttons on the right of the unit. However we'd really like to get the remote working again.

I've been on several threads which have suggested settings verification.  None of these options worked.

I then opted to factory re-set the TV.  I'm on step 3 of 13, which is asking for a PIN.  I don't need a parental control PIN now, but without the remote working, I am not sure how to over-ride this step, so the TV is not usable at all at the moment...!

Any thoughts to: 

a/ override (or progress through) the set up without using the remote, and

b/ getting the remote back to working condition?

Many thanks, 
Chris

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As previously mentioned - 

If your remote control has failed completely, there us probably not much we can advise except buying a new remote.

In the mean time - see if any of the tv buttons help.

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/iManuals/egb/3a-2/tvcright_aep_ga.html

Cheers

PS: im going to remove your posts in the other thread, as you have created this one.

cmacneil
Explorer

Hey there

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure that the remote has failed irreperably.  How do I assess this?  There are several threads elsewhere from users whose remotes have failed, but they were able to get these working again.  In some cases the instructions posted did not qualify for my TV model and in others links to instructions had expired.  So, how can I confirm whether the remote has actually failed irreparably?

In regards to the buttons, thanks for that, but my issue is specifically the PIN code screen (step 3 of 13 in the set up.)  How can I move past this screen using the buttons on the side of the TV?

Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable

I didnt think those buttons on the tv would help, but thought it was worth a shot.

Now, how to help you.....

I guess it comes down to troubleshooting:

• Is it all the butons on the remote or just a select few?
  • Are you able to test your remote on another Sony TV?  Ask a local Sony Center or a retail outlet like John Lewis.  Even though its an older remote, many of the functions will still work on newer Sony TVs
  • It could be the IR reciever on the TV itself that has failed - without a technician looking at it or you obtaining another remote, its hard to determine.

I think the first thing to do, if it is all the buttons is the second option.

cmacneil
Explorer

Hi again :slight_smile:

That's a good tip about trying on another Sony TV - didn't think that the tech would still work.  I'll give it a shot, although it may be in a couple of days.

Do you know if entering a Parental Control PIN code is mandatory?  If I can somehow escape from the screen and get to the next in the set up process without the PIN code, that would be perfect.

Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable

And theres the issue at hand.  I have no idea how you can get past that pin screen, without a remote.  As there are no arrow buttons that i can see.  Im sorry, but i dont know how to help you on that one.  The pin normally is mandatory, even if never used.

cmacneil
Explorer

... and as suddenly as the issue arose, it seems to have disappeared!  Our old remote works just fine.  Nothing was changed - no angles, no cables, no batteries, nada.  3 weeks of pressing buttons and fiddling didn't do anything - maybe this group is so advanced it offers a "remote support" feature as that's the only thing that changed from my side!  🙂

Thanks for the advice meanwhile.

Chris

profile.country.GB.title
Lynxtiger93
New

Did you ever find out how to get past the parental pin screen i don't have a control for my tv