Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia 4K KD-49XE7096 Doesn't detect any WiFi or wired network

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
mavaidy27
Explorer

Sony Bravia 4K KD-49XE7096 Doesn't detect any WiFi or wired network

I purchased a Sony Bravia 4K model  KD-49XE7096 49 inch TV

Yesterday while watching netflix, the picture froze and nothing was responding, I restarted the TV, it started and took me to first time setup journey. When I tried to set up network  it does not see any wifi networks nearby. Here is what I tried.

1. I tried power cycle followed by WiFi network setup - no network detected.

2. I tried factory reset for a TV and then WiFi network setup - no network detected.

3. Tried changing my router settings to set WiFi channel for 2.4GHz network to 1,5,9 - no effect

4. Tried connecting TV to router using wired connection ( LAN cable ) It is not able to connect.

5. Tried assigning the static IP to my TV from my router settings for wired connection nothing worked.

6. Looked for the firmware on Sony site for firmware update v8.19 is available my TV has v8.16 so followed the firmware update process from SONY website using USB stick, USB stick is not detected in any of the three slots on the TV.

7. Checked the USB stick again it is formwated to FAT32 and has only firmware folder from SONY tried again nothing worked.

8. Finally contacted Sony through My sony account and wating for reply.

This type of quality if not expected from SONY, we don't get value for money that we spent, this TV is just a piece of plastic sitting in my Living room. 

I wonder if Sony has any solution for this, I has just been 15 days since I bought the TV

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

Sounds like you have done all the troubleshooting that you possibly can on this.  I suspect hardware failure.

I wouldnt bother too much about Sony Support - contact the retailer you purchased it from and arrange a replacement/swap or repair.

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

Sounds like you have done all the troubleshooting that you possibly can on this.  I suspect hardware failure.

I wouldnt bother too much about Sony Support - contact the retailer you purchased it from and arrange a replacement/swap or repair.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
mavaidy27
Explorer

Thanks for replying, I have already arranged a replacement, but thought of checking the forum if anybody has got any solution. Thanks for the reply.

Cheers.

profile.country.LV.title
carlos.azofeifa
New

Hey bro same issue here, what was the problem? Did you solve it? What did the retailer tell you?