Who Me Too'd this topic

nex567
New

A6000 firmware requests

I have NEX-5N, NEX6, NEX7, and I love them all, each with it's shortcommings. 

I bought A6000, and after 15000 "test shots" I have the following observations / requests for Firmware Update changes:

- somebody decided at Sony that the sensor in A6000 is noiseless below ISO400, so the noise reduction below ISO400 is too low, resulting in noisier shots at ISO250-400 than at ISO500-1000 - this is true for LOW and Normal High ISO noise reduction levels.

I have seen the same thing with RZ100 / RX100II, but only with Low setting.

It is very anoying, and I pray that somebody will give us a "flatter" noise curve.

- and somebody decided at Sony that the CDAF focus is obtained with the iris wide open, then the iris closes to the selected aperture, this giving a "jump" in the image after the focus confirmation beep and a decreased rate of focussed images in CDAF mode - AF-S and DMF settings, and partially in AF-A setting, due to a kind of focus shift related to iris closing.

So, please, a flatter noise / ISO curve, and CDAF with the closed iris, like with all the other NEX cameras.

With these two changes this camera would really be a good camera.

I am not hoping much from this post, but what can I do.. I try to tell you something, Sony.

Who Me Too'd this topic