Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.GB.title
CRFX22

Android TV - why Youview has lead us into limited Catch up TV and poor Programme Guides

Yes, Sony boasts about how slim the slimmest point in the new Android 2015/16 TVs and the design marvels. I purchased my first Sony TV in 1987 and has been a Sony fan ever since because I love the built quality and ease of use that comes with it. 

What I cannot understand is why and how Sony has got the user interface of new Android 2015/16 TVs so wrong? I do not deny the new TVs look amazing but what is the point if it doesn’t deliver what it is supported to do. Who the hell decided to deeply integrate Youview without giving due consideration to the Catch up TV apps or the Programme Guide. Luckily, the BBC iPlayer and Demand 5 operate independently of Youview. However, the ITV Hub and 4OD do not. Please do not make us buy an Amazon Fire Stick to watch the Catch up TV on Sony.

Then come the Programme Guides which are often blank without any information and half-finished coding. Forget about your favourite channel lists because you cannot access them! Even to set a programme timer (if you are lucky) or set the sleep timer, you are required to spare several clicks.

This is a disaster. Please sack the team who are responsible for this utter failure. Please make this is a pure Android TV with improved satellite and Freeview TV guides and most importantly get rid of Youview and Opera as core apps or browser. Your unfit, unskilled and unqualified team has tried to integrate too many things to cover up their own weaknesses and as a result has left us, the customers in a mess! Please keep us updated with when the new updates are due and what improvements are likely to be achieved.

Who Me Too'd this topic