Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.NZ.title
ozbob68
New

No surround sound when using audio passthrough via HDMI

I am using all sony kit (TV KD-65X9300D, 4k bluray UBP-X800 and stereo / bluray BDV-N7200), all connected through HDMI. I can only get front sound coming out of the stereo when playing on the 4K Player, the surround simply will not work. I have tested the speakers using the built in function of the stereo, all working properly.

I have taken a test standard bluray and it plays surround when played direct from the stereo bluray, but will not play surround from the 4K player thru the TV to the stereo. I have tried linking from TV to stereo via fibre cable, which has the same result, and also tried to direct connect between 4K player and stereo with HDMI, which produces nothing.

So, I can get 4K or surround sound, but not both. Is the TV not passing it through correctly, or is it in a format that the stereo (which is a little old but firmware is up-to-date) is tool old to understand? I have tried registering in the Asia-Pacific forums which is my current region (in case someone says "that model wa not released here") but they have the technical capability of a concussed gibbon right now and I get getting locked out.

Share and Enjoy.

Who Me Too'd this topic