Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
andglend6
Explorer

Just powered up my KD-49X8305C this evening and got a message stating there is a software update available for it !?

***** IS GOING ON ? Have been checking regularly for updates and been watching Sony delay and delay so no idea what this update is about.

Anyway allowing it to do the update, just hope it doesn't toast my TV

mk1.golf.1983

Just updated my kdl43w755c, before I installed it I downloaded the previous firmware off the support page and saved to my hard drive, just in case. I haven't done a factory reset yet because all seems fine, the ui is quick and there is now programme reminder in the guide, ah and the ! has gone from the Internet icon thing. Early days but all good so far.

profile.country.GB.title
Dazrise3

Got home and fired it up, yes update avaliable. gets too 100% downloading and surorise surprise an error same as last time.

cant do it manually as no update to pop on USB on the site.

joke

as i posted earlier who has Mr Sony email address

glad some of you guys have managed the update

rdlowry

I've had my first error after updating to the latest firmware... That
didn't take long 😞
rdlowry

@rdlowry wrote:
I've had my first error after updating to the latest firmware... That
didn't take long 😞

Forgot to include image... This happened when switching to Freeview

IMG_20151013_194148.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
notspurs

After trying the football mode, where CTL for  hdmi switches the soundfield on my Sony amp to Sports as it should do, the only problem I have now is that whatever soundfield i select, when i change channels on Sky, the TV keeps changing my amp soundfield back to "sports"  even Tommy Cooper wouldn't be able to do that trick!. Good job Sony delayed updates as they coiuld, if reading this, sort that out as well.  ARC tv to amp on kd 55x8509c

sassbs
Explorer

Well good news is Netflix has 5.1 working from what I can see.

Bad news is Amazon Video (Which includes free 4K content), Google Movies, Plex etc still don't work properly for Surround Sound.

Still to play with the other features so will report later.

Intrestingly I had spoken to Sony Customer escalations today who assured me that the firmeware was delayed until the 28th due to a major bug and wouldn't be released before then. Good to see the left hand and the right hand know what they are doing.

profile.country.GB.title
UnoBorg

UK update just installed...  4096×2160p is input for PC @ 60hrz ... But Netflix I can't see No 5.1 option, tried audio tab at bottom when playing 4K but showing primary 2.0 as norm.... dunno what to do now as I tried turning off & on again..... Really don't wan't to reset..... 

DOH just changed sound in android settings....Now showing 5.1..... 

anjenki75

Ah @rdlowry that HbbTVLauncher error is not new, I've been having that one for a while.

Have done update, not tried a lot but seems a bit snappier, and the input labels are now shown alongside the input number when you switch inputs. The guide uses the new freeview logo, no idea if that was there before as I don't use the inbuilt tuner. I did notice some slight lip sync error on the internal tuner, though curiously it seems to be in the other direction (i.e. the sound is slightly ahead). Time will tell if HDMI lip sync is fixed. Plex is still 2 channel, whether you enable passthrough in plex or not.

johndstephen83
Explorer

So, everything was going fine. Completed the update, did a factory reset and sat down to watch a Blu Ray. Was going ok (no lip sync) until I accidentally leant on the remote, pressing the stop button. Upon playing again, the dreaded lip sync had returned. 

With th regards to the enhanced HDMI feature on this update, should this be switched on for watching blu Rays or should I have the 4K setting on on the blu Ray player?