Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
Janekch

My TV 55x8509 after updating last friday everything is almost ok but:

1. Epg from satellite not working propely-no polish letters and epg working slowly

2. I wanted to set timer from epg to switch TV on 17.50. I did it  at about 15.00 and TV switched on itself after 1 hour and repeated setting timer and after 1 hour TV switched on again. Timer was cancelled after switching on.

3. TV does not show folders from external HDD corectly.

4. I do not know which USB socket to use with external HDD, each USB socket working incorrectly.

5.After reseting and replugging Tv while I was listening to music from cd player my receiver was switched to mute mode but TV was still off. Audio receiver Yamaha rx v675 is connected to TV by HDMI cable.

6.Dlna server not working properly.

7. Google cast not working.

8.Annoiying recomendations.

profile.country.GB.title
Shalendran

@Anonymous

I clicked on video song stored on my hard drive. I was using the Sony's default Video App.Firt there was a blank screen with the audio on for a few seconds. Then the picture starts - by now the picture is lagging behind the sound by about 5 seconds. I then come out the viodeo and started another video which seemed to be alright. Hence went back again to the same song but still there was lip synch. But on the third attempt there was no lip synch issue. i believe it was some thing to do with the TV's resources at that point in time. i did not have this issue with the W805C prior to the update.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shalendran - try using Kodi as it seems that from various other forum members, Kodi works the best at the moment.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kabedin28 - as you seem to be experiencing issues since updating, i would suggest s factory reset - simply to clear any residual issues (gremlins) and take it from there

haribo411
Explorer

Can you use Kodi to access the HDD plugged into the TVs USB port?

I found usb 3 worked best by the way
profile.country.GB.title
angelacr

@Risc0n OK you win.

It does NOT appear more than once when selecting a new channel on my TV.  Understand?

Edited by Fran_M - unnecessary comment.

SingingDwarf

@Anonymous I have an additional issue to report, don't know if anyone else has reported it....

I find that the KDL-43W805C becomes totally unresponsive to keypresses on the standard remote control at various (unpredictable) times.

The last time this happened was when changing the picture settings on an HDMI input.

Although the audio/visual sync issue appears to have been resolved on HDMI inputs for me, I now have this issues sometimes from the Digital input!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SingingDwarf not seen your issue as of yet.  A couple of things to try:

• Replace batteries
  • Ensure you do not have any buttons 'stuck' down
profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

@Anonymous 

The blank screen effect was reported by two other users on page 202. I've only seen it once whilst using Freeview, I selected a freeview channel via the EPG, then  used the channel up button a couple of times. The Freeview channel started intermittent freezing, and the response to the remote got very, very slow the channel failed to change the display went blank leaving the sound playing, but at this point the set would not respond to the remote, so I unplugged it. It got progressively worse suggesting a memory leak type issue.

This looks like the same issue as reported by @SingingDwarf on page 206 described as remote becoming unresponsive. 

Blank screen also also reported twice on page 205. 

Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.
motty79
Explorer

Casting works again!!! 

There was an update pending for the casting receiver app and once updated it now works again for me. Yippee! If you read on android police it seems there have been lots of problem with casting across most devices recently so it's not just Sony TV's.