Join now - be part of our community!

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

Hi all

Please feel free to put in any requests for future updates and features you would like to see added. Of course we can't promise that we can deliver on all of them as there may be technical/commercial/resource limitations, as to why they aren't possible, but everything will be considered.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Re-enable sticky tag

281 REPLIES 281
profile.country.GB.title
sound10

Hi everyone, was really interested in the W905A model. However many reviews on the web say that the viewing angles are really poor on this set. This is an absolute deal breaker for me. There is also an review on the web, where the W905A model has been taken apart and it shows that the panel manufacturer for this TV is YOUNGLightning. For the 2014 models, please could we have better transparency as to who makes the actual LCD panel. With Panasonic LCD TV's everyone knows who the panel manufacturer is. Also, with regards to the 2014 models, would it be possible please to use better VA panels that have a much wider viewing angle ?

Finally, would it be possible please to add a small subwoofer on the 2014 W9 & W8 replacement models. Reviews so far have said that sound quality on the W9 & W8 is okay, but not that great. Panasonic have managed to do it on their high end Plasma's and I'm sure Sony can do the same. For me, actual sound quality from the TV is important. I've had many high end Sony TV's and the TV's manufactured in the early to mid 90's had amazing sound. If all the high end 2014 models could be manufactured with 2 front forward facing speakers and a subwoofer at the back, then I think that would be fantastic. Thanks :slight_smile:

Kosire
Explorer

Customisation of subtitles. Being able to change the subtitle size, font, color, background color (if any).

This is especially crucial when playing a video over DLNA on a Bravia TV.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rehashing an older thread here, but....

I would like the ability to backup and restore all my configuration settings to/from USB.  Making factory resets a breeze.

Please.

profile.country.SE.title
Midaz45645735684684567465

Thats a really good idea, like you typically do on a wireless router or similar.

I would like the i+ aka display button more useful such that when pressed while an option in a menu is highlighted it will jump to the relevant section in the i-manual and return when you press it again or press return.

Also when viewing a picture/movie/stream and pressing i+ will display relevant file information.

profile.country.SE.title

Like Kosire above, when subtitles has been fixed to work properly over DLNA.

Add ability to move subtitle text down/up in the black gutter/border often found in movies

this way we use unused black space for subs by pressing options and subtitles and move

them up or down using directional pad, nothing fancy just functional.

-Peter

profile.country.SE.title

Instead of putting vital development resources and money on 300+ mostly useless appz and a mediocre browser

that can access like maybe 12 sites on the whole WWW..

Add ability to BUY additional firmware features for your Bravia such as more decoders, containers, subtitle formats

internal functions and features.

SEN could be used to pay credits for different firmware updates.

At least Sony you did not include gimmicky voice and face control features of the TV and for that

I am forever grateful :slight_smile:

Tell me again why do I care

-Peter

Edited by Moderator to remove unacceptable text

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can buy a dedicated media player which has all the containers/codec/subtitle support.  :slight_smile:

You care, because you have a strong emotional/phyical attachment which stems from childhood memories of Sony.  See Sigmund Freud:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigmund_Freud

Mark-P189
Explorer

I would like to add Apple Airplay to this list on any Sony internet/wifi tv model, this would be really useful.
profile.country.SE.title

Hello fellow Bravia owners, A maybe not so important request for everybody but when I enter the

i-Manual on 65W855 it is very white and bright for the eyes to look at.

I would like it if it were like maybe light grey or something to reduce strain on eyes :slight_smile:

Maybe more TVs with similar i-Manual could receive the same colour.

-Peter

profile.country.SE.title

-Coloured Buttons-

Hello Sony, having an 65W855A set.

Please arrange so that the coloured buttons on the remote

can be assigned specific tasks that the user assigns such as

-Changing current scene

-Shortcut to an application

-Toggling Motionflow settings

nothing fancy just everyday practical

-Peter