Join now - be part of our community!

Battery Health Status after battery replacement

SOLVED
Sil20
Visitor

Battery Health Status after battery replacement

Good morning,

my Xperia X Compact after 3 years needed a new battery - it was getting big and out of the case! Of course, was lasting less than half day and the Service menu said "Battery Status bad, replace it!" and 1000mAh remaining capacity.

After the replacement with an original Sony battery, done by an expert company, the battery last longer (of course), but the Battery Health Status still is associated to the old battery, so it says "bad".

Is it normal?

what should I do with my battery, a re-calibration or a reset does clean the Service menu indication?

Thanks for your attention,

Best regards,

Sil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sil20
Visitor

Hey! Thanks for taking the time to answer me!

I wanted to try it all your suggestion, but I found out that the Battery Health Status after 2 battery recharge and some reboot automatically reviewed the status to "good" and green :)!

So no need to delete the data or erase cache, only need a bit of patience and everything is automatically updated! I love Sony, now with new battery is like new!

Bless you!

Sil

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Sil20 

have you considered repairing the device with Xperia Companion?

Sil20
Visitor

Hi! Thanks for the fast reply!

I would prefer to avoid deleting all my personal data.

If I understand right, the repairing would erase all my settings. Does it also delete the battery stats/status?

Sil20
Visitor

@uliwooly 

Sorry, I add also some other considerations.

I read that with the new batteries, the calibration is something like a myth. There is no need to charge the phone for hours, or make full disharges and full charges to "recalibrate". Is it correct?

My only doubt is that the new battery does not get "checked" in the Service menu, and I still get the old message "replace battery".

Sil

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Sil20 

That's correct you do not need to charge the battery for hours or drain it then charge it 100%. I think that you will have to repair it with Xperia Companion so it will reset the battery situation. 

pseudonym
Contributor

You could try this:

Settings > Apps & notifications > App info (then, upper right menu Show system) >

You can try selecting each one of the following apps or services, one at a time, and then select:

Storage > Clear Cache and Clear Data

Service Menu

power-service

com.sonymobile.chargingsupport

Battery Care

After each clearing of Cache/Data, check to see if your Battery Health has been reset. The above are just various power-related apps that seemed to me to possibly be involved in the process, starting with the most-likely.

Doing this will not hurt your phone, but it might require the phone "relearn" your typical battery charging patterns in the Battery Care function, and entering power-saving preferences. Certainly try this before you go through the hassle of resetting your phone. After all, you know your battery is good, regardless what the Health test may say.

Sil20
Visitor

Hey! Thanks for taking the time to answer me!

I wanted to try it all your suggestion, but I found out that the Battery Health Status after 2 battery recharge and some reboot automatically reviewed the status to "good" and green :)!

So no need to delete the data or erase cache, only need a bit of patience and everything is automatically updated! I love Sony, now with new battery is like new!

Bless you!

Sil

Adek488
New

Hi i tried like you said. But i recharged battery for one week and its still same info.

Bad. Please replace.

1 year ago i worked in official warrany sony service and there was EMMA program. And there was option named "aged battery reset" and that used when technicians replace battery.

So i download This at home, but on sony Site is onlny wersion for normal users and program sais i need to unlock bootload to do anything with my Phone, but i tried, watched and readed mamy tutorials and every try is failed 😞

Do you hava any idea for restarting battery status?

Do you know, the factory reset will help?