Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia x battery icon percentage stuck at 20%

SOLVED
Benni2
Visitor

Xperia x battery icon percentage stuck at 20%

Hello,

I was wondering has anyone encountered this issue and got any fixes? I charged my phone while turned off until it was showing 87% but when I turned it on the battery icon showed 20%. Phone remained on and used occasionally all day,still showing 20%.eventually notification for the usage warning for battery dropping below 30% showed up. I tried charging my phone for awhile when off, when on, with two different chargers and no change in battery %. Tried a soft reset, restarted in safe mode and still no difference. Any further  suggestions would be great, thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emil
Enthusiast

Hi @Benni2,

I'm sorry to hear this.

As @Quester said you should try to do a force reset (volume up + on/off key simultaneously for 10 seconds). Then start your device as normal.

If you are still experiencing the same behavior with the battery percentage not showing correctly, I recommend that you perform a software repair using Xperia Companion.

Keep us posted how it goes.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@Benni2

Try pressing Volume Up + Power buttons together for 10 seconds continuously, this should reset abnormal battery percentages.

Emil
Enthusiast

Hi @Benni2,

I'm sorry to hear this.

As @Quester said you should try to do a force reset (volume up + on/off key simultaneously for 10 seconds). Then start your device as normal.

If you are still experiencing the same behavior with the battery percentage not showing correctly, I recommend that you perform a software repair using Xperia Companion.

Keep us posted how it goes.

Benni2
Visitor

Thank you to yourself and @quester it took two goes but the rest appears to have worked so far! Cheers! 

Emil
Enthusiast

That's great to hear! :smileysmileythumbsup:

Let us know if there is anything else you are wondering about. Slightly_smiling_Face

Rahulkhajuria00
Visitor

Did hard reset and also made an update via xperia companion. Still the issue persists. Kindly guide. Xperia z3+ e6553. This is causing a lot of inconvenience

Tags (1)
Madamadadane
Visitor

I have the same case, what should I do?

VAMP
Visitor

Had the same issue with my Xperia X Performance for three days and it got fixed in its own. It is very strange.

Wajaht
Visitor

I'm having problem after updating. I tried both +volume thing and Soby Companion Repair. Battery indicator is still at 20% 

Tags (1)
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

For what it's worth.

Found this.

Maybe it is helpfull, maybe not.

How to calibrate an Android device battery without root access

The old 'fully charge and discharge' approach stands as one of the simplest ways to 'recalibrate' your Android battery. We've warned you in the past about low voltage problems in lithium batteries and the negative impacts of fully draining a battery on its lifespan and the same holds true here. But, if your phone battery is causing you real problems, it's worth taking the risk.

Method 1

• Discharge your phone fully until it turns itself off.
  • Turn it on again and let it turn itself off.
  • Plug your phone into a charger and, without turning it on, let it charge until the on-screen or LED indicator says 100 percent.
  • Unplug your charger.
  • Turn your phone on. It's likely that the battery indicator won't say 100 percent, so plug the charger back in (leave your phone on) and continue charging until it says 100 percent on-screen as well.
  • Unplug your phone and restart it. If it doesn't say 100 percent, plug the charger back in until it says 100 percent on screen.
  • Repeat this cycle until it says 100 percent (or as close as you think it's going to get) when you start it up without it being plugged in.
  • Now, let your battery discharge all the way down to 0 percent and let your phone turn off again.
  • Fully charge the battery one more time without interruption and you should have reset the Android system's battery percentage.

Remember that it is not recommended to perform this process regularly. Even when your battery is so dead your phone won't even turn on, your battery still has enough reserve charge to avoid system damage. But you don't want to poke the tiger with a stick. Perform this process once every three months at the most. If it is required more often than that, you have bigger problems at hand.

Put plainly: fully discharging a battery is bad for it. Trying to overload a battery is also bad for it. The good news is that charging batteries will shut off automatically when they've reached their safe limit and there's always a little in reserve even if your phone won't start. Again: only do this when really necessary, because it does have a negative impact on battery life.