Join now - be part of our community!

Touch and typing speed XA Ultra

SOLVED
Utk1
Visitor

Touch and typing speed XA Ultra

My phone otherwise working fine has some problems.

•  It lags while typing, the words do not come up spontaneously there is a delay and some alphabets do not respond to the first touch, it is mostly the first alphabet of a word. 
  • The second problem - at the bottom right there is a button which when pressed shows all the running apps and then you can toggle between the apps and also you can close the app by swiping it left or right. when multiple apps are open and when I close one app by swiping left or right the home screen comes rather than staying there only. Because of this, I have to again press the bottom right and then close the desired app. This happens a lot.
  • sometimes my phone hangs and then auto restarts after a few minutes when this happens none of the buttons work, no incoming calls nothing. This has happened 4 times in 3 months of usage.

Is something wrong with my device or is it a software issue? 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Utk1

Could you test it in >>> safe mode and report back?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Utk1

Could you test it in >>> safe mode and report back?

Jonas
Master

Hi @Utk1, welcome to our community!

I'm sorry to hear about your phone. Slightly_frowning_Face

Do you only experience the delay with the input when you are typing on the keyboard or does it occur when you are using the phone as well, for example opening applications from your home screen?

I tried to replicate the behaviour when closing down apps in the task menu of the phone, there was about 20 apps open and I had no troubles swiping away a few of them without ending up at the home screen.

When the phone froze and restarted after a few minutes, do you remember what you were doing in the phone? If you for example used a specific app or service in the phone?

I would recommend rebooting your phone in safe mode which @uliwooly recommended, to make sure that a third party application isn't the cause of the behaviour.

Keep us updated! Slightly_smiling_Face

Utk1
Visitor

Hi, the delay happens only while typing.
Once I was using the camera when the screen froze and the other times it was the dialer and some app.
Thankyou very much for the feedback, I will try rebooting as suggested and keep you updated.
Utk1
Visitor

@uliwooli

I did as you suggested and it worked. Thanks

Now what should I do? reset my phone or should I wait for android 7 update to be released in India.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

If it works fine in safe mode then a third party apl it's causing the problem
Jonas
Master

Thanks for the update!

As @uliwooly mentioned, if it works fine in safe mode, a third party application is the cause of this.

Firstly, make sure that all your apps are updated. If they already are, you will have to uninstall one app at the time to find out which one that is causing these troubles.

I would recommend that you start with the apps that you have installed most recently.

Keep us updated! Slightly_smiling_Face