Join now - be part of our community!

Is there any way to access Skype on KDL 40EX403 ?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
wmonsef
Visitor

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

itbroker wrote:

Welcome to Club Vaio Forum,

Officially, only the models EX Series BRAVIA ® HDTV 1080P, HX Series BRAVIA ® HDTV 1080P and NX Series BRAVIA ® HDTV 1080P are able to support Skype, but using a specific camera you are able to use skype with your TV as well.

See the Camera and Microfone for Skype here...

Here..., you can find some videos that will help you to configurate the BRAVIA Internet Video connection.

It's up to you where to buy the camera...

Hi wmonsef,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Unfortunately your Bravia does NOT have Skype capabilities.

As far as I am aware Skype is available on 40' EX 523 and above, you can check if a model is capable of using skype by checking the model specifications or a quick check can be done by looking at the models that are compatible with the camera and microphone for Skype accessory using the following link - HERE

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Bravia55HX

Hi,

welcome to the forums, i have checked the overview for this model and it would appear that skype is not supported, you do however have wi fi capability and internet access.

profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

Officially, only the models EX Series BRAVIA ® HDTV 1080P, HX Series BRAVIA ® HDTV 1080P and NX Series BRAVIA ® HDTV 1080P are able to support Skype, but using a specific camera you are able to use skype with your TV as well.

Here..., you can find some videos that will help you to configurate the BRAVIA Internet Video connection.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

itbroker wrote:

Hi wmonsef,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Unfortunately your Bravia does NOT have Skype capabilities.

As far as I am aware Skype is available on 40' EX 523 and above, you can check if a model is capable of using skype by checking the model specifications or a quick check can be done by looking at the models that are compatible with the camera and microphone for Skype accessory using the following link - HERE

wmonsef
Visitor

Thank you very much for all who responded that quickly to my question. :slight_smile:

I am sad though as I expected that Sony would simply provide a firmware upgrade to Bravia, so that Skype gets added to the list of already available applications on my TV currently (such as YouTube, etc). :slight_frown:

But I guess it might be a marketing thing to promote the new models, which I can understand.

profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

WMonsef,

Thalamus is right 'cause his answer is based on the compatible (Built-in camera and microphone for Skype™ enabled BRAVIA® TVs) list from Sony.

My understanding was based on Wireless LAN Ready feature using a SONY UWA-BR100 USB dongle.