Join now - be part of our community!

55-210mm lens problem

55-210mm lens problem

Evening all, Ive just purchased a Nex 7 from LCE in Bristol and the camera is great, I did an exchange for my Nikon d300s and to be honest the Sony is lighter, smaller, and does everything my Nikon could do so Im well pleased with it.

My problem is that I got a 55-210mm lens with the camera as a second lens, it alread came with a 18-55 as part of the package, I was going to put the 55-210mm on to my camera when I noticed that there seems to be a spot of dust floating inside the lens, no obviously I cant take the lens apart as its a sealed unit, should I send it back to Sony or go back to the LCE in Bristol and change/swap it out???

thanks in advance for any help and advice

1 REPLY 1
Bieomax

if its brand new send it back to sony, if its second hand see if the shpo will swap it or refund you if its a big bit of dust.

but i'd test it first to see if it actually effects your images, as most lenses get dust over their life and doesnt generally effect the final image.

i'd probably tripod the camera and on a blue sky or bright white background put the lens into a small aperture (22-33 i think for this lens)

and take a shot, if the dust is effecting the picture badly you'll see it as a circular discolouration.

do you often shoot in the high f stop numbers?