Join now - be part of our community!

a100 vibrating. why?

profile.country.en_GB.title
enya151
Visitor

a100 vibrating. why?

hi, I have an alpha 100 that has just started to vibrate when i switch it on, and also makes a high pitch noise for long periods. Was hoping sombody would be able to help me figure out what is wrong and how i can put it right. Thanks  Claire.

3 REPLIES 3
Mick2011
New

Hi Claire, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

This is alomst certainly related to the dust-removal mechanism buit in to the camera body, and isn't necessarily a fault.

Unless it's really causing you a problem (or a lot of concern) I'd ignore it. You could always get it checked out at a high street camera store if you are concerend.

Cheers

Mick

enya151
Visitor

Thanks Mick. I was more concerned because it had never done it before. But what you have said sounds possible as our house is quite dusty now that we have five dogs in it. My camera still takes good photographs so I am happy. :slight_smile:

Mick2011
New

Cool. Keep an eye (ear?) on it. The only other thing that vibrates on these cameras is the SteadyShot mechanism, which can fault and interfere with focussing etc.

As long as you're happy enough with the performance, it ain't bust, so no need to fix it :cool:

Cheers

Mick