Join now - be part of our community!

Availability of genuine Sony accessories.

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
mischof67

Availability of genuine Sony accessories.

I've just bought a new Sony A99 today, it wasn't cheap and I want to look after it. Obtaining a genuine Sony screen protector is impossible. It appears there is no stock held anywhere! Perhaps someone at Sony UK can explain how stock levels can be allowed to get to zero levels for such an item?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
mischof67

Wahey! I've managed to buy a genuine Sony A99 screen protector on sale in the UK at a normal price!!!!

If anyone needs one for their A99, then PM me and I'll give seller details, they have 2 more left at the time I bought mine on Monday. 

The store where I bought the A99 from still cannot obtain any stock!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
mischof67

While I'm being critical of Sony UK, here's another question. What has happened to Sony genuine macro flash units, i.e the HVLMT 24AM, is that another item that has ceased production? 

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@mischof67 wrote:

I've just bought a new Sony A99 today, it wasn't cheap and I want to look after it. Obtaining a genuine Sony screen protector is impossible. It appears there is no stock held anywhere! Perhaps someone at Sony UK can explain how stock levels can be allowed to get to zero levels for such an item?  

Hi mischof67, can't answer for Sony but have replied to your similar thread HERE

profile.country.GB.title
mischof67

Wahey! I've managed to buy a genuine Sony A99 screen protector on sale in the UK at a normal price!!!!

If anyone needs one for their A99, then PM me and I'll give seller details, they have 2 more left at the time I bought mine on Monday. 

The store where I bought the A99 from still cannot obtain any stock!