Join now - be part of our community!

clean the spots

SOLVED
profile.country.en_RO.title
valugi
Visitor

clean the spots

Hi,

I have an alpha 700 and it has some spots as you can see in the attached image on the sky part. I have cleaned the lenses but is seems that is not on the lens. What can I do?

DSC09445.JPG

Message was edited by: valugi

Message was edited by: valugi

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.de_DE.title
Jules74
Visitor

Hi valugi,

what you can see on your image seems to be dust on the image sensor.

To get rid of the dust, you can gently blow it off with a manual blower. It is important, that you do not touch the sensor in any way, because that could damage it.

Usually you can get a little blower at any photo dealer.

The camera has a "Cleaning Mode" in the Set-up menu, register 3. To activate it, the battery needs to be charged sufficiantly.

Take the lens off and enable "Cleaning Mode" in the menu. Then the camera will flip the mirror up, so that you can get to the sensor and you can gently blow the dust off.

Also when changing lenses, have a look at the rear lens element. If you see dust, blow it off or gently brush it off with a soft brush, before attaching the lens.

If you find that the spots do not disappear after trying to blow them off, you should get the sensor cleaned professionally. In general the repair service as well as some photo dealers offer sensor cleaning.

Good luck!

Jules

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jules74
Visitor

Hi valugi,

what you can see on your image seems to be dust on the image sensor.

To get rid of the dust, you can gently blow it off with a manual blower. It is important, that you do not touch the sensor in any way, because that could damage it.

Usually you can get a little blower at any photo dealer.

The camera has a "Cleaning Mode" in the Set-up menu, register 3. To activate it, the battery needs to be charged sufficiantly.

Take the lens off and enable "Cleaning Mode" in the menu. Then the camera will flip the mirror up, so that you can get to the sensor and you can gently blow the dust off.

Also when changing lenses, have a look at the rear lens element. If you see dust, blow it off or gently brush it off with a soft brush, before attaching the lens.

If you find that the spots do not disappear after trying to blow them off, you should get the sensor cleaned professionally. In general the repair service as well as some photo dealers offer sensor cleaning.

Good luck!

Jules

profile.country.en_RO.title
valugi
Visitor

I'll try that. Thanks.

profile.country.en_GB.title
gugabackhand
Visitor

Great. Thanks for that. I didn't know that there's a "cleaning mode" feature already. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

Jules74
Visitor

Well, the cleaning mode on e.g. A700 does not "actively clean" the sensor, but it flips up the mirror, so that you can clean it gently yourself :wink:

Later Models have some sensor vibration, which is supposed to shake off the dust....