Files names

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
DR-NEX5N
New

Files names

File name duplication.

I have two sony cameras (NEX5N & HX9V.

Can I set different files within the either camera (like some DSLR's) so that there is no clash when importing to my computer due to duplicate names?

Thanks

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi there, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

The [settings] > [memory card tool] on both cameras lets you reset file numbering etc, but this might not be the best method over time. Without a decent image browser to deal with it, using different folders for each camera when you upload shots might be the next best thing.

With something like Lightroom you can have presets set up for each camera that will automatically insert the camera name (for example) before or after the filenumber.

Failing that, try playing with an EXIF renaming utility like this one to do something very similar.

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mick2011
New

Hi there, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

The [settings] > [memory card tool] on both cameras lets you reset file numbering etc, but this might not be the best method over time. Without a decent image browser to deal with it, using different folders for each camera when you upload shots might be the next best thing.

With something like Lightroom you can have presets set up for each camera that will automatically insert the camera name (for example) before or after the filenumber.

Failing that, try playing with an EXIF renaming utility like this one to do something very similar.

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

There is another nice renaming utility (freeware) available:

http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php