Join now - be part of our community!

NEX-5N language problem

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
janelqz
Visitor

NEX-5N language problem

I bought my nex-5n in uk, but i wanna change it to Chinese.

I have already try to find out in the setup menu but I can't find the languange bar, what should I do now.

Help!  Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello janelqz :slight_smile:

Just to add on to what Mick was saying, there are a number of languages provided in the menu but as the camera was purchased within the European market - if you cannot see Chinese it is because it hasn't been offered as a default option. The staff in the shop may have been hinting that this is possible by updating the firmware but in my experience it cannot be changed by a firmware update.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mick2011
New

Hi janelqz, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Have you located the language menu options? Chinese should be able to be selected in the Setup Menu 6 Language options.

If you need any more help just shout :cool:

Cheers

Mick

janelqz
Visitor

Thank you Mick!

I checked for several times but still cannot find 'chinese' option. the staff in the shop told me that to ask 'sony support' to get the link and download in the memery card, then update. Is it right? But untill now, I still not recieve.

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello janelqz :slight_smile:

Just to add on to what Mick was saying, there are a number of languages provided in the menu but as the camera was purchased within the European market - if you cannot see Chinese it is because it hasn't been offered as a default option. The staff in the shop may have been hinting that this is possible by updating the firmware but in my experience it cannot be changed by a firmware update.

Thanks,

Simon