Join now - be part of our community!

NEX-6 and powermonkey-eXtreme?

SOLVED
profile.country.sv_SE.title
cyberbengt
New

NEX-6 and powermonkey-eXtreme?

Hi!

Waiting for my NEX-6 to arrive. I’m planning a longer boattrip in the Philippines, without any electricity - does anyone know if the powermonkey-eXtreme will work with a NEX-6??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello cyberbengt - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

The NEX-6 can charge over a regular USB connection and according to the manufacturer specification sheet for the Powermonkey Extreme .....

https://www.powertraveller.com/_code/download.php?f=VS_PTL_PM_Extreme_zcard_Op3_V2.pdf

..... there is a USB Out socket. Therefore, if you use the USB cable that is provided with the camera, you will be able to attach this to the USB Out socket and charge the camera (this will also avoid the need to experiment with the various connector tips that are available).

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello cyberbengt - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

The NEX-6 can charge over a regular USB connection and according to the manufacturer specification sheet for the Powermonkey Extreme .....

https://www.powertraveller.com/_code/download.php?f=VS_PTL_PM_Extreme_zcard_Op3_V2.pdf

..... there is a USB Out socket. Therefore, if you use the USB cable that is provided with the camera, you will be able to attach this to the USB Out socket and charge the camera (this will also avoid the need to experiment with the various connector tips that are available).

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

Hi

although the solar charger is compatible please keep in mind that it can take several days for the included battery to be charged high enough. So I would suggest buying at least 1 or 2 genuine NP-FW50 batteris as an additional power backup.

Best Regards

Michael